Excited -Volunteering for Birth Choice

I will be using my sociology degree for the very first time as I begin to counsel young women with unplanned pregnancies. I so hope and pray that I can be means of help. I am a little nervous about this new direction in my life. I am trying to brush up on things.
Please pray for me, as there are some practical considerations to work through.

Praying. . .

i’m not familiar with birth choice , link ?

Praying for you and them!

and if there is anyway of getting information about future birth control into their hands, give them this article with scientific evidence. Don't let them be as misinformed as I was...

prolife.com/BIRTHCNT.html

Then ask them if they want to learn a beautiful prayer to the Blessed Mother. If that's too much, we could just pray it for them every day! I'm so excited for you and your new job...

Totus Tuus
(Totally Yours)

Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me, Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.

© 1956, Mother Immaculata, OCD

That is wonderful.
I work as a counselor at a crisis counseling center also. I’ve done it for 5 or 6 years and I’m still nervous. But the young women who call us are even more nervous, believe me.
It looks like Birth Choice is like the one I work at, (Birthright) which is non-denominational. (though most of the volunteers at mine are Catholic). We are not allowed to discuss religion unless the woman brings it up. We don’t talk about birth control either, pro or con, it’s outside our scope.
Some call asking if we provide abortions. In that case we ask if they’re sure they’re pregnant, and offer a free pregnancy test, and encourage them to come in and discuss their choices. Some will do so, others refuse. Some want to carry their babies but don’t see how they can afford it; fortunately there is a lot of medical help for pregnant women in our area.
Some are being pressured to have an abortion by parents or boyfriends.
The biggest need in our area seems to be housing, too many people are living on the streets or in cars. I’d encourage you to research programs that offer solid help like housing, food, baby clothes, and so on – I’m sure Birth Choice has resources.
Keep us posted on how it goes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.