Exclusive: Obama, aides expected to weigh Syria military options on Friday

One set of options includes direct U.S. military action such as air strikes on Syrian military bases, munitions depots or radar and anti-aircraft bases, said one official who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-options-exclusiv-idUSKCN12D2B2

This is a potential dangerous provocation by the US government. When the secular globalist Obama administration tell's us it's time to suddenly get patriotic, I hope everyone rejects his appeals.

Personally, I think it’s too late for stuff like this.

The U.S. was the dominant force in the Middle East. The Kurds, the Sistani Shia and the Sunni tribal leaders in Iraq all begged us to stay and keep the peace awhile longer. The Defense Dept told Obama it would take three brigades to keep ISIS bottled up in Syria and out of Iraq. Obama wouldn’t do it because, as he admitted on national TV, he “just wanted out”.

ISIS then became a serious force in Syria and Iraq. We could have taken them out easily, but diddled around, content to be the “Iranian air force” aiding the Iranian-led Shia militias in pushing back ISIS drop by drop.

Turkey offered to take ISIS out in Syria if we would provide air cover. But Obama (and Clinton was in on this stuff) turned them down.

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

And seeing all that, and after waiting patiently and cannily, Russia decided it had a good opportunity to gain a much greater footprint in the Middle East with little or no danger of confrontation with the U.S. And so now, there really IS a danger of confrontation with Russia in the Middle East.

And so, these administration people are going to “weigh” Syrian options? I think it’s too late, really, for them to do anything that really serves U.S. interests. Those interests were discarded a long time ago by this administration.

And to add further complication, RAF pilots have now been instructed to shoot down “hostile” Russian jets over Syria.

globalresearch.ca/dangerous-crossroads-britains-royal-air-force-pilots-ordered-to-shoot-down-hostile-russian-jets-over-syria/5550820

So it’s not even just idiots in the White House we need to worry about, but also random British fighter pilots.

There’s unfortunately a paywall at the Sunday Times link…

I hope I’m not hijacking the thread, Seamus, with these links. :o

Putin Approves Air Force Deployment in Syria

themoscowtimes.com/news/putin-approves-air-force-deployment-in-syria-55749

In the event that the US plays a major role in any attempts to retake Mosul, I wonder if we’ll be hearing anything about a humanitarian crisis there. Probably not, as the shoe would then be on the other foot.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.