EXCLUSIVE: U.N. Elects Iran to Commission on Women's Rights

Without fanfare, the United Nations this week elected Iran to its Commission on the Status of Women, handing a four-year seat on the influential human rights body to a theocratic state in which stoning is enshrined in law and lashings are required for women judged "immodest."

foxnews.com/world/2010/04/29/elects-iran-commission-womens-rights/

Beam me up, Scotty----there's no intelligent life down here.

[quote="Wolseley, post:1, topic:196707"]
Beam me up, Scotty----there's no intelligent life down here.

[/quote]

C'mon now, somebody needs to represent the militant shi'ite population in the world.

And I hate to say it, but, if a more "civilized" country was there in Iran's place, they would be in favor of "comprehensive reproductive rights"

So which is worse: an abbaya or an abbbortion?

As I said: Beam me up, Scotty----there’s no intelligent life down here. :wink:

The UN is an absolute parody of itself. It’s just a shame taxpayers are obliged to pay for stuff like this.

So a when do I have to start wearing a burka?

It’s past time for the UN to be disbanded.:sad_yes:

Womens’ rights in Iran are much better than most countries in that region. Focus more on them (including those which happen to be US allies) if you want anyone to take you seriously on this topic.

[quote="markomalley, post:2, topic:196707"]
And I hate to say it, but, if a more "civilized" country was there in Iran's place, they would be in favor of "comprehensive reproductive rights"

[/quote]

Have you checked the fertility rate in Iran?

Yep, the fertility rate is 1.71 per woman, roughly half of what it was 25 years ago.
breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8KUER900&show_article=1

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.