Exo Vaticina, Peterus Romanus, the Catholic Church and Aliens?

In the wake of some of the news coverage of the Pope’s statements to the Pontifical Academy of the Sciences, I ran across some articles about some books that claim that the pope is going to announce the coming of an “alien savior”. The books in question are Peterus Romanus and Exo-Vaticina. While this at first sounds too utterly bizarre to even merit consideration these books did accurately predict that Pope Benedict would resign rather than die in office, and Pope Francis has made statements about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. Additionally I’ve been unable to find any good critical reviews or rebuttals of the books, and amazon reviews are actually fairly positive. I have to admit I’m very disturbed. Has anyone read these books and have an opinion on them? Is this all just a bunch of hogwash or should we be preparing for major world and religion changing announcements from the Pope, and if so what would it mean?

If he did, there would probably be like six people in the whole world who would give the announcement any credibility. That kind of revelation has no precedent in Catholic doctrine, therefore the faithful would smell a rat, and it is so contrary to the dominant worldview of elitists that the progressives in the Church would snort and chuckle, and nobody would listen to Pope Francis anymore.

Also, I wouldn’t take those books’ word for it that they predicted what Pope Benedict would do. Anybody can claim they predicted something after the fact. Look for page numbers and publication dates before you believe them. And it’s quite a step from predicting that to predicting that Pope Francis will announce an alien savior.

Plus it runs contrary to Pope Francis’ other messages about the need for Jesus and for remaining faithful to Catholic doctrine. For all these reasons, I think you should disregard the books you’ve found.

I’m sorry, but you really have to ask if an alien savior conspiracy theory is “hogwash”?

Not understanding what you are concerned about.

Hogwash. Reminds me of a tv show I just saw. Unsealed: The Alien Files “Aliens and the Vatican”. They said that the photos of the crowd looking skyward at Fatima were looking at an alien spacecraft. :rotfl:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.