Exorcist Hotline Created By Catholic Church In Milan

Exorcist Hotline Created By Catholic Church In Milan, More Priests Available To Drive ‘Demons’ Out
huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/exorcist-hotline-created-_n_2232110.html

I wish they would create such a hotline here in the United States. I have often suspected that I might have problems with demons although I doubt that I am possessed. I used to regrettably be involved in the Occult so it wouldn’t surprise me if I don’t have such problems. Thankfully I have confessed those sins and so I know I am forgiven.

If there’s something strange, in the neighborhood…who ya gonna call? :slight_smile:

I had a similar background before my conversion to the Catholic faith.

They would have a field day in India. I have seen and experienced many things that tell me that western skepticism of the demonic is foolish. They do not experience these these things because they have been Christian for centuries. Likewise I believe because alternative spirituality is growing in the west so is the need for exorcism.

St Michael
Pray for us all.

While we wait and pray for more exorcists, we can grow holier through prayer and the Sacraments.

The closer we get to the Lord by practicing virtue, and praying for an increase in faith, the better He can help us when we receive Him in the magnificent Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.

How blessed we are!

I think we’re right to be skeptical. There’s too many crooks out there ready to pounce on the gullible. I messed about with all this stuff when I was a teenager, for a laugh, and that’s all it ever was, a laugh. I’d have loved to have had a spooky experience, but it was all just a load of old rubbish.

Come to Asia then. When you’ve actually seen a demon cast out in the name of Christ it changes your life. When some people are granted healing power by moving idols you know that there is a spiritual world and Satan.

Demons don’t give a hoot what false religion you follow. It is when you begin to turn to Christ that they try to scare and torment you away. Indigenous people around the world know that there is a spirit world. There is so much evidence and testimony it is creepy, the dawning realization that fallen angels really do deceive the world and there is an everlasting hell.

lol charge the fees to the demons!
but in all seriousness that is a good thing. i agree with holly they should have something like that here too. but i didnt think it was that prevalent of a problem.

I’ve seen the youtube vids. The only thing scarey was that people fall for this stuff.

You mean when someone has the strength of ten men that is fake? Or when they vomit necklaces? When they tell about secrets they should not know?

Drugs and adrenalin will induce this.

Or when they vomit necklaces? When they tell about secrets they should not know?

Fake.

What was Jesus doing when He “cast out demons”? There is a whole reality you are denying because you have not witnessed the demonic firsthand. Screw Youtube, come to India for a few years. Eventually you will be wakened from the isolated bubble of the modern world and realize that you cannot deny what you see. It is like seeing the miracles of Jesus but still not believing.

religiousdemonology.com/howdoyouknow.htm

1. Unusual strength

a) We see unusual strength in most exorcisms and some deliverance prayer sessions. By unusual I mean it takes all the strength in the body of a full grown man to control one arm or leg of a person. The possessed never gets tired and the strength does not diminish as you would expect if it was a rush of adrenaline. This can last for thirty minutes, an hour, however long the confrontation continues. Sometimes this strength goes beyond the ability to control the person at all, leaving only prayer for assistance.

b) The first exorcism I assisted at it was my job to hold one hand/wrist. This took all of my body weight and my strength and I was still being slightly lifted off the floor twenty minutes later, covered in sweat. The strength of the person never seemed to diminish.

Bella,

You mention that you were baptized Catholic and are not now practicing.

Could that be the result of your dabbling in certain things that you had not seen as dangerous?

I say this out of concern, not because I want to make you uncomfortable.

Peace in Jesus and Mary,

Dorothy

I don’t think so. I was never really what you would call a faithful Catholic. I was indoctrinated by my family, but somehow, even from a very young age, I was never really convinced of all the things in the faith I was being taught. When I was a teenager I started dabbling with my mates in various things, but it was a laugh. I realised there was nothing behind any of this occult stuff except the mind of the person. It was all in the head. I think when that happened, I started to question if there was nothing in this occult stuff, then perhaps there’s nothing in this religious stuff either. But because I was so indoctrinated, I found it very hard to stop praying, and stop going to mass altogether. It was a part of me, and habitual, like brushing my teeth. Questions I asked were dismissed, or the answers weren’t really answers. It boiled down to shut up and say your prayers. That’s not what was actually said, but it might as well have been. When I had my first real crush, then relationship, it was with a girl two years older than me. I won’t go into it here but my family went mental. My mother had a priest call in on me, without telling me, which he did while I was still in bed. He sat on the edge of the bed and lectured me for an hour. I was mortified. My mother was convinced the devil must be at work in me for me to one, be in a sexual relationship, and two, have that relationship with another female. I’m sure if you asked her, she’d say I was possessed. I know otherwise. My drifting away from the faith is based on my experiences, betrayals, embarrassments, disappointments, and lack of any sensible answers, than anything to do with any teenage dabblings, because my faith was lost I think long before then, or at least seriously damaged. Subsequent events just confirmed what I was already thinking and feeling. But the funny thing is, I still can’t say I’m not a Catholic, and I still occasionally say a prayer, the indoctrination is that deep.

Dear Bella,

I hear your pain due to the way you were treated! What you needed is an understanding, loving heart to reveal to you the infinite Love that our Lord Jesus Christ has for you. It is not too late to hear and be connected to Jesus’ love for you.

What you carefully shared above is the type of mentality that has caused many to drift away. The way I see it that is not the real Jesus, Son of God, that was revealed to you. We practicing Catholics need to become holier so that God shines through us.

Please be aware that there is such a thing as the healing of bad experiences that you were exposed to.
Jesus is the Healer.

God bless you, I have put you on my prayer list.

Dorothy

On the positive side having a call center would be effective to quickly send support.

I absolutely agree with you that western skepticism in the diabolical is foolish. Perhaps from your perspective that being Catholic for many centuries that they are excluded from Satan’s plan, some may believe this to some point, although this is not the case.

I do believe that not everyone recognizes or for some they may try to ignore that they are under diabolical oppression. I also feel that not every Catholic knows how to get help and or when to get help to receive deliverance from an exorcist.

Exactly…the spiritual world is as real as the material but when you deny it, what’s left?

But because I was so indoctrinated, I found it very hard to stop praying, and stop going to mass altogether. It was a part of me, and habitual, like brushing my teeth. Questions I asked were dismissed, or the answers weren’t really answers. It boiled down to shut up and say your prayers. That’s not what was actually said, but it might as well have been. When I had my first real crush, then relationship, it was with a girl two years older than me. I won’t go into it here but my family went mental. My mother had a priest call in on me, without telling me, which he did while I was still in bed. He sat on the edge of the bed and lectured me for an hour. I was mortified. My mother was convinced the devil must be at work in me for me to one, be in a sexual relationship, and two, have that relationship with another female. I’m sure if you asked her, she’d say I was possessed. I know otherwise. My drifting away from the faith is based on my experiences, betrayals, embarrassments, disappointments, and lack of any sensible answers, than anything to do with any teenage dabblings, because my faith was lost I think long before then, or at least seriously damaged. Subsequent events just confirmed what I was already thinking and feeling. But the funny thing is, I still can’t say I’m not a Catholic, and I still occasionally say a prayer, the indoctrination is that deep.

How sad that you believe in mind control rather than the possibility that it is God’s grace and His love for you that is trying to assist you and release you from that which is harmful. I really don’t know of anyone who has been exempt from hurtful experiences, but praise God you recognize this for what it is…a loss of faith. That realization is, in itself, an action of the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, humans have great capacity for doing the wrong thing to others - God is the only one we trust Who will provide the answer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.