Expecting our sixth grandchild

We are becoming grandparents for the sixth time. Our DIL has had many miscarriages but this one looks very promising. PLEASE, please pray…It is their second child.
Another son and DIL are expecting a baby girl the first of Sep., and she will need open-heart surgery immediately upon birth (due to TSA) in Dallas. Again, please please pray for little Molly.
My daughter and SIL are expecting their second child any day via home birth (first one was uneventful home birth).
And our third son, our youngest, and his wife just had their first, a girl, in which everything has gone wonderfully and she is now 3 months old and a little chubby breast-fed munchkin.
We are so grateful for the pro-family views of our grown children in choosing to be open to life, and are blessed with healthy children/grandchildren thus far; now it looks very stormy up ahead for at least our two younger grandchildren and their parents. I praise God that even with these hard, uncertain times, our kids have recommitted themselves to God (except one son) and to be open to many children. It is almost like they value a baby’s life even more than they did before.
Again, your prayers are appreciated for the babies in our family…:signofcross:

Will be praying for your babies and family. God bless you. :signofcross:

Will be praying for you! Congratulations. Your children are blessed to have you as parents! :hug1:

Congratulations and I'll keep everyone in my prayers.

A Prayer to St. Gerard for Safe Delivery

O great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of the Mother of God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love.

O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused you of crime, you did bear, like your Divine Master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers. Preserve these ladies *from danger and from the excessive pains accompanying childbirth, and shield the *children which they now carry, that they may see the light of day and receive the purifying and life-giving waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

I changed the words in italics so that I may pray for both mothers and their children.

My mother was 46 when she had me after 4 difficult pregnancies. She was very scared to be having a baby so late in life. Someone said a novena to St Gerard when she was pregnant and all went well. Had I been a boy my parents were going to call me Gerard but one of my Christian names is Geraldine.

From one grandparent to another, I'm praying to St Gerard for a safe delivery.

Grandparenting is the best gig, isn't it? ;)

As well as St Gerard, I’m asking St Therese to help on this one. She is known as “Queen of the very little ones”, there can’t be any little ones smaller than an unborn baby, can there?

I pray that the first DIL has a safe pregnancy that carries to term

I pray that your second son and DIL’s daughter has a safe delievry and successful heart surgery.

I pray that your daughter has a safe delivery of her child.

I pray for all of your family and I hope that this Christmas will see you with several little “images” of the Holy Child.

It sounds like you are going to be busy grandparents if all goes well. Please let us know how things go.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.