Experience with the Holy Spirit?

I just had an interesting experience. I prayed to the Holy Dpirit to fill me and guide me. I felt an overwhelming gentle grace and sweetness fill me that calmed my troubled spirit.

I’m wondering: Is that the Holy Spirit at work

1 Like

Your faith will save you! (Luke 7:50)

1 Like

I think so. The Holy Spirit can bring you the peace of Christ you are seeking. You have described a spiritual event.

1 Like

It seems likely based on what you describe!! The true test is to see if that work continues in your life. If the fruits of the Holy Spirit become evident, you’ll know! : D

Thanks for sharing, BTW, I love hearing stories like this. <3

2 Likes

No problem. I love sharing stories like this too. With this experience, I now know in my heart how to relate to the Holy Spirit: Look for His movements and assent to them. :blush:

1 Like

Just consider it a form of private revelation.

I too have experienced these types of things. Peace is underrated.

A sense of inner peace and joy is a typical feeling when touched by the HS.

1 Like

Yes. Joy and peace. Sundays are great for both.

In fact, I was lacking in peace before Mass this morning. Much better after Mass and Confession.

I always feel better after Mass and a good Confession. I’m going to make devotion to the Holy Spirit a permanent part of my spiritual life. I agree: Peace is highly underrated.

[quote=“Michael16, post:10, topic:534028, full:true”]: Peace is highly underrated.
[/quote]

As is the Holy Spirit .

1 Like

Good article and good point. The Holy Spirit is often forgotten by us Christians. I agree with the Holy Father that we should pray more often to the Holy Spirit.

2 Likes

Yes, the Holy Spirit also is called the comforter. He is there for us, especially when we seek him.

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I too have felt this.
I read somewhere that it’s best not to describe in detail any spiritual experiences we might be given, since that can open us up to people who could make light of it, or cheapen it somehow. I think it was St. Therese who was persuaded to tell an experience she had, and deeply regretted it.

We can experience a profound sense of peace which transcends all understanding; when we pray for help to do God’s will.

Philippians 4
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.