Explain This - Non Catholics?

Physician Tells of Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano
Edoardo Linoli Verified Authenticity of the Phenomenon
In 1973, the Higher Council of the World Health Organization (WHO) appointed a scientific commission to verify the Italian doctor’s conclusions. The work was carried out over 15 months with a total of 500 examinations. The conclusions of all the researches confirmed what had been stated and published in Italy.
zenit.org/article-12933?l=english

The extract of the scientific research of WHO’s medical commission was published in New York and Geneva in 1976, confirming science’s inability to explain the phenomenon
In 1970-'71 and taken up again partly in 1981 there took place a scientific investigation by the most illustrious scientist Prof. Odoardo Linoli, eminent Professor in Anatomy and Pathological Histology and in Chemistry and Clinical Microscopy. He was assisted by Prof. Ruggero Bertelli of the University of Siena.
The analyses were conducted with absolute and unquestionable scientific precision and they were documented with a series of microscopic photographs.
These analyses sustained the following conclusions:
The Flesh is real Flesh. The Blood is real Blood.

The Flesh and the Blood belong to the human species.

The Flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart.

In the Flesh we see present in section: the myocardium, the endocardium, the vagus nerve and also the left ventricle of the heart for the large thickness of the myocardium.

The Flesh is a “HEART” complete in its essential structure.

The Flesh and the Blood have the same blood-type: AB (Blood-type identical to that which Prof. Baima Bollone uncovered in the Holy Shroud of Turin).

In the Blood there were found proteins in the same normal proportions (percentage-wise) as are found in the sero-proteic make-up of the fresh normal blood.

In the Blood there were also found these minerals: chlorides, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium.

The preservation of the Flesh and of the Blood, which were left in their natural state for twelve centuries and exposed to the action of atmospheric and biological agents, remains an extraordinary phenomenon.
therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html

I’d believe it coming from an actual science journal. Some $cientist$ would say anything for religion for $ome reason. Like a certain Dr. Keith Moore who works for Islam.

I think someone might answer (in a different vein)…show me someone who went to Lourdes and grew back a leg or arm and I will believe in the miraculous power of Our Lady to heal. Why has this NEVER happened at Lourdes or anywhere else Mary is showing up and changing rosaries into gold.

As you say…answer that.

Rev North

Are you claiming that Quaderni Sclavo di Diagnostica Clinica e di Laboratori is not “an actual science journal”? Or that the scientists at the WHO are “not actual scientists”?

And this has what exactly to do with answering the question of why the species at Lanciano scientifically analyse as fresh human flesh and blood?

What I would like to hear is for an actual science journal (or science foundation, or the discovery channel, etc) to confirm what is being said up there. The links provided are anything but. How can I trust their reports?

It means lets get real! People claim miraculous healing at Lourdes and yet there are ample explanations and the one irrefutable proof (growing a new limb has NEVER occured).

This article in no way proves it was not tampered with (etc) at the time of the miracle.

Rev North

We had a weeping icon here in Chicago. When the media asked the priest if they tested what was coming out of the eyes he said “no, they tested the tears on the weeping icon in New York and it found they were the same chemical composition of human tears. So what does that prove to you?” Signs follow those who believe.

The miracle of the Eucharist is not that the bread was changed into Flesh, but that it becomes the Lord of All.

In the Indian Divine Liturgy, when the priest elevates the host, he says “Behold I uphold Him Who upholds the four corners of the univrerse.”

Now THAT’s a miracle.

Its a miracle an issue like that did not make it to headline news. :smiley:

^ But Im pretty sure the story made it to one of those crazy doomsday tabloids.

Lanciano proves that all the RC Eucharistic claims are false, IMO.

The Catholic Church officially teaches that the consecrated Eucharist is Jesus Himself, WHOLE and ENTIRE…with every part that constitutes a real body.

A true Eucharist can be NOTHING less than this - not a bit of nose or a bit of bone.

Lanciano, however, only has a bit of petrified heart tissue.

Its sad to me how so many will lead us to “proof” of what the Catholic Eucharist IS NOT to validate their own belief in that same sacrament.

The Church most assuredly denies that the Eucharist is just a piece of Christ’s heart tissue. If it is anything less than Jesus, whole and entire, then it cannot be a Catholic Eucharist.

Now the next argument that comes up is that the petrified heart tissue is only the accidents of petrified heart tissue…

Apparently the Discovery Channel is SO much more reliable than the World Health Organisation.:rolleyes:

Why is growing a new limb “the one irrefutable proof”?? St Gerard Majella grew a new limb. I’m sure somebody purported to “refute” that, as they would purport to refute any miracle you can name, no matter how well-documented.

You’re confusing the Luciano miracle with the miracle that occurs at every Mass. They are two different things. The Luciano miracle is not meant to prove that the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ. But clearly it is a miracle, and presumably God performed it in order to increase and support our faith in the eucharistic miracle.

I think it was St Louis IX, when a courtier rushed in and yelled “Sire, come quickly! The communion wafer in the chapel has turned into real flesh!”, who said nonchalantly “But that happens at every Mass.” and continued about his business.

Actually, I am not.

Either the consecrated Eucharist is Jesus Christ, whole and entire, or the RC teaching is wrong.

They are two different things. The Luciano miracle is not meant to prove that the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ. But clearly it is a miracle, and presumably God performed it in order to increase and support our faith in the eucharistic miracle.

So God performed a miracle to support what the Catholic Eucharist IS NOT?

No.

I think it was St Louis IX, when a courtier rushed in and yelled “Sire, come quickly! The communion wafer in the chapel has turned into real flesh!”, who said nonchalantly “But that happens at every Mass.” and continued about his business.

No.

The Catholic Church teaches that the Eucharist becomes Jesus, whole and entire, at every Mass.

What we have at Lanciano is nothing of the sort. Old petrified heart tissue is not Jesus Christ.

It also teaches it has the appearnace of bread, which it doesn’t here. Hence the miracle. As to being whole and entire, since normally it has the appearance of bread, this issue doesn’t come up. As to being heart tissue, why not? How is that less entire than the appearance of bread?

Just show a link from the World Health Organization that officially confirms what the catholics are saying.

They won’t explain it. They reject it because it occurred in the CC. They are not interested in truth and facts and don’t want to know if it’s really God’s miracle. It’s so hard for them to admit that God is doing such miracles in the Catholic Church, not in their religious communities. Anti-catholic prejudices are very strong, especially among protestants.
Remember one thing about this miracle: they cannot deny it!!!

Dont be so pessimistic and give up easily, some of us are quite open-minded. I just want to make sure that the reports are what they say they are. And the best way is to hear it DIRECTLY from the official findings of a reputable neutral professional scientific institute.

Please understand, I just want to protect myself. I have an open mind, but not too open as to let my brains fall out.

I do not attempt to explain it, but that does not mean I reject it. There are many things in this world that I cannot explain. I see many inexplicable and sometimes “miraculous” things in various cultures and faiths. They do not automatically lead me to leave my own faith and take up theirs. Apparently the Divine works wonders for all the peoples of the earth!

I am glad you have such wonderful occurances to strengthen your faith. However, the Catholic Church does not have a monopoly on such.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.