Explaining The Evangelical Attraction To Donald Trump

Donald Trump operates in a world of absolutes. A world of right and wrong; a world of winners (him) and losers (McCain, Perry, etc); a world of put up or shut up (literally). Trump’s world is colored in black and white. Their ain’t much grey. And what does Trump get for speaking out so boldly without holding back? Public ridicule.

Now, think of conservative evangelicals. In their quest to champion biblical values, their mindset is much the same. It is a world of absolutes. They believe the Bible to be the inerrant word of God. Non-negotiable. They believe there is only one way to heaven and that is through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Non-negotiable. They see the world through the lens of spiritual warfare (good vs. evil). And what do evangelicals get for speaking out so boldly without holding back? That’s right: public ridicule.

blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2015/07/23/explaining-the-evangelical-attraction-to-donald-trump.aspx

There is so much slanting of facts by everyone in the media. There are things that many may not like about Donald Trump, but at this point he is a breath of fresh air. We do need a no nonsense, know where they stand person to take charge.

Something is “not quite right in the state of Denmark” as the old saying goes. I understand the exercise of negative publicity, and just to be fair, that may be what is going on, but it is a short term strategy at best.

“I will be nicer when I am elected President.” In the land of broken and meaningless campaign promises, that pledge is dubious at best. Occam’s Razor suggest the simplest explanation is often the correct one, and I have two explanations that I have been mulling around for quite some time.

The very “personal” nature of these attacks makes me wonder if “the Don” may have some sort of social disorder, characterized by the fact the man has little or nothing in the way of a “filter,” or that he is just simply a mean spirited person.

To be honest with you… given the fact that he is a front running Republican contender, I would just as soon, be wrong about one or both of these theories. If there are any professionals out there that can “weigh in,” with an impartial opinion, I would heartily consider that. It brings absolutely no joy to my heart to voice these speculations, but after all, if there is some truth behind them, it needs to be considered at least, for a man running for the most important office in the world. A man who has up till now has engaged in petty public squabbles with talk show hosts, calling them silly names and the list goes on.

These actions to me seem to be indefensible. I think it is the duty of all of us, pro “Don” or not, to take a look at the real man behind the curtain.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.