Explosions heard at Brussels airport [AP]

Explosions heard at Brussels airport
The blasts happened during Tuesday’s morning rush hour.*

BRUSSELS (AP) — At least one person was killed when two explosions ripped through the departure hall at Brussels airport Tuesday, police said. All flights were canceled, arriving planes were being diverted and Belgium’s terror alert level was raised to maximum, officials said.

“One person has died and perhaps there are several more,” said a police official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the situation was developing.

The explosions hit at the middle of the busiest time at the airport, which serves the city that is the capital of the 28-nation European Union. NATO is also headquartered in the region.

Read More At: wwlp.com/2016/03/22/explosions-heard-at-brussels-airport/

Developing breaking news, this may be an attack or bombing on the airport; we will see how bad it may be; some stories call this indeed, worse than these early reports are saying.

Near American Airlines desk?

Brussels Zaventem airport blasts cause casualties
bbc.com/news/world-europe-35869254

Subways; Metro-Stations hit as well.

Reuters saying a number of fatalities.

Retaliation for arresting that terrorist the other day maybe?

The army has shown up to these places.

Report it was a suicide bomber at the airport.

A basic lockdown in effect; stay where one is.

This is why people are flocking to Trump and his ideology. They are afraid if we let in more of these people, they will do the same thing to us.

Oh God. Really? Trump is the last man we need as president.

Praying for those in Belgium.

Yet we will hear more calls for allowing in more immigrants and keeping our boarders open. Yes, this is why people are voting for trump. Because we have leaders who are more concerned with their liberal ideology than with the health and safety of the people they are supposed to be serving. They are more concerned with their ideology than they are with the good of their own people and country.

As my Dad used to say, “Be careful you don’t shoot yourself in the foot.” Trump is a disaster! And a bully. God Bless, Memaw

Why do you think Trump is popular? People do not want terrorism to be welcomed in their backyard. It is more that Merkel has been a disaster for Europe. And Hillary will also be disastrous. Trump is not in office so it does not make sense to say he has been a disaster.

I don’t disagree; I won’t be voting for trump. But the trump supporters have legitimate grievances.

I think the real disaster is in Brussels today and the open border policies of Merkel and the EU. Many innocent people including children killed, while others had their legs blown off.

:thumbsup:

Terrorism is the new evil of our time.

Don’t you know that terrorism is caused by global warming?

You mean global warming was a problem back in the day of Mohammed the original?

Funny how you say that this is liberal ideology when the pope said about being charitable with immigrants. I don think he’s liberal.

Also funny bc the men doing these attacks are right wing Islam extremists.

Back in January, trump said this about Belgium:

theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/03/22/january-2016-donald-trump-warned-brussels-belgium-the-new-york-times-mocked-him-for-it/#more-114143

Mr. Trump argued that Belgium and France had been blighted by the failure of Muslims in these countries to integrate.

“There is something going on, Maria,” he said. “Go to Brussels. Go to Paris. Go to different places. There is something going on and it’s not good, where they want Shariah law, where they want this, where they want things that — you know, there has to be some assimilation. There is no assimilation. There is something bad going on.”

Warming to his theme, he added that Brussels was in a particularly dire state. “You go to Brussels — I was in Brussels a long time ago, 20 years ago, so beautiful, everything is so beautiful — it’s like living in a hellhole right now,” Mr. Trump continued.

At least 28 dead so far. Not the least bit surprised. I was expecting something to happen because of the raids of on Molenbeek by anti terrorism squads.

Could we make this post about the people that died and talking about this? And not about Donald Trump? I can’t stand the guy but I think if you want to talk about Donald Trump there’s already a thread for that. And since one of my best friends is a Sunni Muslim that is horrified by this type of activity I’m a little frustrated with the people who honestly believe that we can keep Muslims out of the United States since we don’t have the Constitutional basis to do so. You know I think y’all are being really disrespectful to the people that died. Think about it this way; when a lot of these folks commit terrorist attacks, they don’t ask someone’s religion ahead of time. This is why in the 9/11 attacks people that died were atheist agnostic Christian Muslim Buddhist Hindu Jewish et cetera. It’s sensitive topic but saying that an entire group should be excluded from coming into a country that claims religious freedom as its greatest right is a little hypocritical. Do I believe that Islam is true? No do I believe that Muhammad is a prophet from God? No. May those that died rest in peace whether Christian non-believer or Muslim or anything else. Terrorists don’t care what religion you are when they kill you they just care that they kill you

You don’t want anybody to talk about trump but then you are bringing up his suggestion that we temporarily halt muslim immigration.

I’ve got muslim friends too and they insist that terrorists are not muslims, but the terrorists themselves insist they are muslims. Problem is they do use the religion and their holy book as doctrinal basis.

Unless the muslim world stands up together and says enough is enough, I’m afraid it’s going to be an ongoing war worldwide. Every country must be vigilant.

I’m not sure if I will vote for Trump or not, but attacks like these make his case more reasonable. I never thought I’d say that.

He just says don’t let them in, and that’s it. How is he going to accomplish that?

Yes the pope is liberal. No one doubts that. And he is wrong on immigration, which is fine, because everyone is wrong now and then.

It is also wrong to include Muslims on a scale of western liberalism vs conservatives, as if they fit in somehow. If you consider Muslim philosophy vs us in the west, the whole west is liberal, not as a degree on a scale but because of a difference in principles. The west accepts the principles of classical liberalism, and that is the basis of our countries and cultures. Islam doesn’t accept these principles. So it is an error to include them as some ‘right wing’ extremists because they fit neither on the right nor the left in western politics.

Umm the pope is not liberal. His positions on abortion and gay marriage to US standard is conservative. He is not wrong on immigration.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.