Extended prayer

Hello CAF,

I know I have asked to be in your intentions before, but I feel I am still in need. I still struggle with sexual impurity. I have been getting better, but today after 9 days I fell…I feel so terrible, I feel so selfish for asking others and Mary to pray for me when later I end up spurning their efforts. When in purity I remind myself of the pain that comes after sinning, the awful death of the soul…I’m listening to the St. John Passion by Bach, and I feel like I have dealt a blow to all the souls who cared for me, slapped Christ in the face while he hung on the cross and spat upon the Spirit. I reflect on times when God has displayed his justice to Man, and I think of how I should end up as just another lost soul cast out of the grace, memory and love of God.
I get infuriated at myself knowing that God never passes by me a temptation I cannot resist, and I am without excuse for buffetting him. I get infuriated knowing how I made null and void all my careful quelling of temptation- I have recently begun to chant the Tantum Ergo, which is effective.

Maybe your prayers are useless, maybe after all my striving and struggle I will ultimately arrive to hellfire. But nonetheless, I do ask to be in your intentions.

Just remember to keep yourself busy with Godlike activities and it shall pass easier and easier. Now I get paranoid with cleaning the floors for this very reason! Works everytime, and a cleaner house too!

Our God, You see the heart and good intentions of this Your struggling friend! You never condemn the heart that continues to drag up from the last fall to try again!
When You spoke of judgement, Jesus, in Matthew 25 v 31-46, it was lack of practical charity towards others that separated 'the sheep from the goats".
Let this dear person in charity pray for all who suffers such temptations; and where possible, choose charitable thoughts, words, and actions towards others!

God bless you! :slight_smile:

I am praying for you.

Dear Lord Jesus,
Please cure Equites Christi of this temptation.
Imaculate Heart please pray with me for Equites Christi.
Amen.

Praying for you my friend, we’re here to encourage and pray for each other…don’t give up…

You are obviously a Man of Faith or you would not be here. Jesus is your savior, and although you are human he is God, and in God there is nothing but love. Not Everybody wants that feeling of purity, that feeling as though you are serving God at all times through the day.

You are not a failure God has not given up on you nor will he ever.

I will pray for you every day for the next 7 days in that Christ will allw you to acomplish what you want.

May our mother and the communion of saints pray for you all the days of your life.

As I pray.

Jesus Christ please grant us the strength to reach the goals and purity that we wish to attain. Give us the Strength that we may have courage in teh face of temptation, and allow your son to realize that he is not alone in his struggles, adn that many cope with him, I pray so deeply that you give him the strength to give him and others who are in need the strength will and glory to overcome temptation. All This I pray.

Our Father Who aret in Heaven hallowed be thy Name, Thy Kingdom Come thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, give us this Day our Daily Bread, and foregive us our tresspasses as we foregive those who tresspass against us and lead not in to temptation but deliver us from evil.

Our Father how aret in Haven Hallowed be thy name thy Kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven give us this day our daily bread adn foregive us our tresspasses as we foregive those who tresspass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.

Hail MAry Full of grace the lrod is with thee blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus Holy mary mother of God pray for us sinner now and at the hour of our death.

Glory Be to the Father and to the son and to the holy spirit as it was in the begening it is now and shall be world with out end amen.

Oh my Jeus foregives our sins saves us from the fires of hell lead all souls to heaven and especially those in most need of thy mercy.

Hail Holy Queen mother of mercy hail our life our sweetness and our hope to thee do we ry poor banished children of eden to the do we set up ou sides morning and weeping in this valley of tears turn them most gracious advocate thy eyes of mercy upon us after these exiles show on to us the blessed fruit of thy womb JEsus holy mary mother of God pray for us sinner now and at the hour of our death amen.

God loves you, I love you.

You are very loved do not give up on your quest. And may you know that my prayers are with you.

I know your suffering and frustration well, but do not believe for a moment that your struggles are in vain - Satan is trying to exploit you at your lowest points and get you to sink lower and despair, don’t give up! You’re worth more than this, and God will not abandon you. He thinks you’re worth it too, otherwise He wouldn’t have died to give you a chance to be free. Just keep trying, and you will claim your victory for the glory of God.

Praying hard for you.

Thank you all, God bless you all!
Now that I know Christ really does love me, I feel my strength and hope renewed.

God bless you

Still in my prayers…

Praying for you - and it’s never in vain. Best wishes.

I will keep you and your struggles im my prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.