Eye problem, please pray for me

*Hi everyone, I humbly ask for your prayers, if you could squeeze one more in? :o My left eye has been hurting for over a week. I don't have allergies, I'm not sick. I don't wear glasses or contacts. It feels like something is IN it, I check and nothing is there...feels like something is up under the eyelid, stuck. :( I don't know, but it's really hurting tonight!! I am thinking I might need to go to the doctor to have him flush it out, or maybe I could do that with an eye wash? I don't know what it could be, but my eye really hurts, and it's hard to keep it open. :( Please pray for it to heal, if you could?

Thank you. *

St. Lucy, please pray for whatevergirl.

Lord please ease the pain and allow WG a ggod and restful sleep.
Please ensure she seekd medical advice soon for examination and diagnosis, and hopefully peace of mind; and so that if any treatment is needed, it can be taken care of.
Thank You, Lord

*Thank you VERY much for your prayers, tonight.

I was going to ask who a patron saint of eye problems (if there is one) might be. Your prayers mean much to me. :hug1:*

St. Augustine, patron of sore eyes,
Pray for Whatevergirl.

Praying for you WG and a speedy healing of your eye. I know you’ll offer up your discomfort and pain to Our Lord.

HAIL HOLY QUEEN

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning, and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

(V) Pray for us O holy Mother of God. ® That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Amen.

whatevergirl,
My husband is an optometrist, and I can tell you that it sounds like you might have a foreign body in your eye. This means that you have something in your eye. A speck of something (leaf, dust, hair, thread, etc) either fell into, was rubbed into, or was blown into your eye. It happens to people frequently. The speck can be too small for you to see but still feel like a rock!

You could try flushing it out yourself, but if it hasn't come out on its own after a week, you really should have your eye looked at. The doctor will be able to remove it. Having a foreign body in your eye for a long time can cause problems, not to mention the pain (as you know). Make an appointment and get it taken care of!

conjuctivitis? (eye infection) get to the doctor before you end up doing some actual damage. Definitely worth having checked.

Oh, I appreciate this. I can’t believe it’s been feeling like this for so long! It’s so sore from rubbing also. I have been rubbing with the hopes that whatever it is, will ‘‘pop’’ out. :frowning: I will try flushing it tomorrow…and then I’ll have to go to the doc, as you suggest, if that doesn’t help. Thank you!

*Oh wow, he is the patron saint of sore eyes?? Bless you! *

*I’m trying…I feel like I ask God for so much, now another thing! :o Praying that my eye will heal soon, it’s strange because it is starting to affect my everyday life. :frowning: Thanks you for your prayers, GD. *

Thank you for your prayers!

She is right, go see a doctor !
I ignored a problem a few years ago, if i had waited 2 more days, I would have lost my eye completely, it was a torn retina. DOes not sound like what you have, but don’t mess with it-get checked !
Of course you have my prayers for your healing !

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

Praying to St. Lucy for you.

Praying for the healing of your eye ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

(Try St. Lucy)

*Thank you everyone, for your prayers. My eye is still…ugh, hurting. It is a wee bit better, your prayers are working! :o It still feels like ‘‘something’’ is in there, so I’m thinking of heading to the doc this week…Ever feel like you have a hair in your eye, so you brush your hair out of your face, and then you still feel something? That’s the feeling today. It is stinging too. :frowning:

Lord, please place Your hands upon my eye, and bring healing for me. In Jesus’ name, I ask this of You. Amen. :gopray:*

Still praying.

Thank you so much for your prayers. My eye is better, from a pain standpoint. But, still feels like something is INSIDE of it! Blah! I am going to set up an appt here soon. It’s not as bothersome, so your prayers are all working!!! Thank you Lord for listening to our prayers, and giving us hope through them. :gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.