Ezekiel 3:18 and stuff Jimmy Akin has said

A few years back, Jimmy Akin wrote this blog entry. He has also written this piece. They both jibe with Ezekiel 3:18, right? Under what circumstances can an invincibly ignorant person end up in Hell after he or she dies?

I’m not sure what you mean by jibe? Do you mean agree with? If so I don’t think you can make a direct comparison.

When Jimmy speaks of invincible ignorance in his talks he is referring directly to the person in question. Basically, the person that doesn’t know they are committing a mortal sin.

When we read Ezekiel 3:12-21 I don’t see a direct comparison. These verses speak about Ezekiel. The verses are about Ezekiel preaching the Lord’s word. These verses don’t speak of the invincible ignorance of the one being spoken to.

Hope that helps.

I’m not sure if we can answer the second question here. I would say only God truly knows if the person is invincible ignorant or not. I have met many a person who just stare at you with a confused look on their face when you talk to them. Not sure if they are truly that way or if they have taught themselves to be that way, because they realized it gets them out of work.

God knows the truth, we might be able to full others and ourselves, but he knows what is in our hearts.

God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.