Facebook group for Catholics, speculative fiction

A few years ago I came across a Facebook group for Catholics that was devoted to discussing speculative fiction, i.e. science fiction and fantasy. I can’t remember the exact name of the group and now I can’t find it again. Is anyone familiar with this?

Or if you’re familiar with a similar group that is not hosted on Facebook, I’d be interested in that too.

Thank you.

There are several for writers. I belong to Catholic Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writer Geeks. If you just want to discuss, you might search for sci-fi/ fantasy discussion groups. I bet there are lots.

Funny you should ask…

I’m participating in NaNoWriMo at present (National Novel Writing Month) and there is thread on the NaNo forums about Christian speculative fiction. Not Christian writing sci-fi, but authors writing sci-fi that is also Christian in some aspect.

Interesting crossover, and a difficult one to market.

I don’t have an answer to your query, as I don’t do Facebook, and my genre of writing is fantasy at this point.

Are you a writer? Hobby? Profession? I’d love to hear more!

I’m not a writer - just someone who loves to read. I read realistic fiction as well, but I have a special love for fantasy and science fiction. My wife doesn’t share my interest and it feels lonely at times, not having anyone with whom I can discuss the things I’ve been reading.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.