Facing long term recovery from serious accident

Okay, you know the old saying, when it rains it pours?

Well we are having a hurricane here! :rolleyes:

On my trip to help my sister I broke my ankle in three parts, required a 3.5 hour corrective surgery and a week long hospital stay, including intensive care, due to fluid build up in my lungs. We are finally out of the hospital and back home in Memphis but I am wheelchair and bed bound, have to have a cast for 6-8 weeks followed by several months of a walking cast and intense physical therapy just to HOPEFULLY be able to walk again :gopray: and I still have fluid in my chest so am taking a breakfast full of pills to try to get better. I already was on like 9 medicines, now it’s like 15! :eek: I can’t do anything for myself and my husband has a full time second job of taking care of me and the house. Please pray hard for my husband to have the virtue and strength he needs to keep caring for me so sweetly. He’s been a saint!!! :love: And please pray for me to heal more quickly than expected and have the mental and spiritual strength to get through the many many long painful months ahead. Thanks so much!

Our father who art in heaven

Hallowed be thy name

Thy kingdom come

Thy will be done

On earth as it is in heaven

Give us this day our daily bread

and forgive us our tresspasses

As we forgive those who tresspass against us

And lead us not into temptation

But deliver us from evil

GBY

for Convert in 99,

HAIL HOLY QUEEN

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning, and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us; and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

(V) Pray for us O holy Mother of God. ® That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Amen.

Most Holy Jesus please help this women to overcome her struggles with her health. That she will know that you are always with her and you will never leave her even in the times of sickness. Please God give her strength and give strength to her children that they to may help thier mother in this time of need. We thank you dear Lord for everything you have given us.

I trust in God

Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you all so very much! :hug1:

So sorry for all of your misfortunes my friend. Will pray for your recovery and health…take care…

I’m sorry to hear all you’ve been through, and face. And God bless your husband for his loving care.

Dear Lord, please hear our sister’s prayer to recover well and rapidly,
and that she will have the mental and spiritual strength to get through, and grow, in the long months of healing and rehabilitation.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Lord, I pray for Convert in 99. Please heal her quickly and grant her strength and perseverence to get through this difficult time. May she find peace in placing all her confidence in your merciful love and in being surrendered to your merciful love. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

I am praying for all your intentions.

Prayers for you, Convert! :signofcross::gopray: You are right, when it rains it pours. :o (oops, this is Mama signed in under MM:shrug:). Glad to hear that you are at least home in your own bed tho, right?:wink:

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

For C99, for complete recovery.

Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
Our Life, our sweetness and our hope.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve,
to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy towards us
and after this, our exile,
show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary
Pray for us O holy Mother of God
that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Thank you all, your prayers and thoughts mean so much to us right now. :hug1: The pain is not quite as severe, which is a blessing. I’m learning to scooch around the apartment in my wheelchair using my good leg, so I can at least use the restroom by myself and get things out of the refrigerator when I need them. These sound trivial, but they are HUGE to us, considering where I was a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I really won’t have much more progress until I can get this hard cast off and switch to the walking cast and start the physical therapy. I still have at least about 5 weeks to go on my hard cast so it will be awhile in this state. Then the outlook of the walking cast and physical therapy is long and difficult. But in all this I’m trying to hold out hope. My Christmas wish is to be able to walk using two legs with my walker by Christmas. That’s asking a lot maybe at this point, but it never hurts to shoot for the starts, right? :o And with God anything is possible. :wink: Lord hear our prayers! So please continue to pray for my husband’s health and strength in all this and my emotional health (in addition to physical healing). I already have mental illness, but it’s taken a turn for the worse with me having to be in bed or my wheelchair all day and not being able to do most anything on my own. Again and again, thanks. :hug3: I will continue to keep you updated. :thumbsup:

Lord please give our sister physical and mental strength and peace as she copes with the enforced imprisonment of her injury. Help her to sufficiently occupy herself, while offering her discomfort for the sake of souls.
Please bountifully bless her and her husband during this time.
Help them both to find humor and closeness even in this challenging period of recovery.
Thank You, Lord

Glad to hear you’re feeling a little better … Continuing prayers for your full recovery! :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

1 month from yesterday and hopefully (Please God!) I can get my hard cast off and get my walking cast on so I can start physical therapy to learn to use my ankle and learn to walk again. :clapping:

Mental state still pretty low. :frowning: Please pray for this.

Also, my husband’s back is giving him much pain and troubles. He’s overdoing things still working long hours at work and taking care of me and the house. I just know it, and it hurts me to see him hurting so, but we have no one else who can help. So please pray for him too. :gopray;

Thanks so much. :slight_smile:

Wow, I’m so sorry! I can imagine how this is having a mental/emotional toll as well. You’re in my prayers!

Peace,
Francesca

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.