FACTBOX-Trump to meet ex-rivals Fiorina and Santorum, lawmakers

Reuters: He’s also to meet with World’s Top CEOs Later This Week

FACTBOX-Trump to meet ex-rivals Fiorina and Santorum, lawmakers

2/12/2016 7:36

Dec 12 (Reuters) - Donald Trump was scheduled to hold additional meetings on Monday as he forms his administration before taking over from Democratic President Barack Obama on Jan. 20.
The Republican president-elect has held more than 90 meetings so far, according to his transition team.

MONDAY, DEC. 12
CARLY FIORINA
* Former Trump rival for the 2016 presidential nomination 
* Former CEO of Hewlett-Packard Co

JOE MANCHIN
* U.S. senator from West Virginia, a ***Democrat***
* Meeting originally scheduled for Dec. 9

RAUL LABRADOR
* U.S. Representative from Idaho, a Republican
* Serves on House Judiciary and Natural Resources committees
* Was scheduled to meet with Trump on Dec. 8 

RICK SANTORUM
* Former U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania, a Republican
* Former Trump rival for the 2016 presidential nomination 
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 14

In addition, several top executives from technology companies have been invited to a summit on Wednesday with the president-elect at Trump Tower in New York City, according to media reports 
* Those invited include representatives from 

Alphabet Inc, Apple Inc, Facebook Inc, Microsoft Corp, Intel Corp, Oracle Corp, the
technology website Recode reported.

* Amazon.com Inc CEO and founder Jeff Bezos was also invited and is likely to attend, Recode said, citing sources with knowledge of the situation.
* Billionaire entrepreneur and Tesla Motors Inc CEO Elon Musk, the Wall Street Journal separately reported.

(Reporting by Susan Heavey in Washington and Devika Krishna Kumar in New York Editing by W Simon)

12/12/2016 7:36

This should be bigger news than it has been so far IMO.

Some of the world’s most famous leaders of politics and industry queue up in ONE place … one FAMOUS place … with the recently elected new leader of the free world … and the mainstream media gives bigger play to Hollywood protesters (non-stars) marching around Trump’s star on Hollywood Blvd. :shrug:

He’s really not President yet. But in some ways … you’d never know it.

I have no idea what’s going on in those meetings of course … but it does look like Donald J. Trump is not waiting until the inauguration on January 20 to “hit the ground running”.

:popcorn:

meanwhile the democrats and soon to be ex-president are trying to undermine the validity of the election and Trump being president.

What a turnaround. Seems like yesterday Trump was being lectured piously for possibly “not accepting the (then upcoming) election results” per his “we’ll see at the time …” posture.

Now he’s naming a cabinet member every other day and speaking with some of the most influential people on the planet.

This headline calls Fiorina and Santorum ex-rivals. That IS true. But more recently they endorsed him.

Joe Manchin is quite possibly the most conservative Democrat in the country. He is pro-life and pro-gun rights. The last Democrat president to have those views was JFK.

I think the democrats are having a difficult time swallowing the turn of events since the fateful question was presented to Trump by Chris Wallace at the debate.

One has to wonder why he is a Democrat.

I am curious to know if Elon Musk shows. He’s the man of the hour, IMO.

It’s been noted many in silicon valley view this as a circus show that won’t repeat after January - but we’ll see. Trump’s advisor Peter Thiel helped to get some tech stars in the door but to have them come back for a visit is going to take some real negotiating.

And I have not read anywhere that Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey was invited.

Trump owes that man a beer!

Don’t really know to be honest. Former Republican Senator Mark Kirk was pro-choice and anti-gun, so the opposite exists as well.

Nice turnout…

Twitters CEO Dorsey was not invited to the roundtable. I wonder if Twitter will be updating its TOS soon. Heh

The happiest people in the world right now might be the bottlers of the water (or other drink) the richest people on the planet ALL seem to be drinkng. I googled MP but am not getting an image of that bottle anywhere. I bet their stock is up though. :wink:

Per the main topic, I wonder if Santorin and Fiorina are still being considered for some Executive branch post … or if they were brought in by Trump to advise him?

It was water from the palace. :slight_smile:

trump.com/merchandise/trump-natural-spring-water/

There is a lot in the photo that is interesting. The seating. And the fact his children are there. The Pres-elect needs to realize the nepotism protections are actually something that exists. Heh

No clue.

The last 5 positions I am at a loss who he may pick.

Dept. Agriculture
Dept. Veterans Affairs
Office of Management and Budget Director
Director of National Intelligence
Press Secretary

He just reflects his base, who are blue collar people that voted Dem their whole lives. They like guns, he likes guns, etc.

It’s the national Dem party that moved away from his base.

Thanks for both your take and the update on as yet unfilled Executive positions Michael. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.