Failed adoption

Would you please pray for my daughter and her husband. They were within weeks of adopting and everything looked so good and without warning the birthmother changed her mind. They are grieving.

Thank you for your prayers,
mlz

May their hearts be comforted by the Holy Spirit.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am so very sorry for your personal loss, and your sorrow over your daughter and son-in-law’s loss and grief.
I think the fear was always there but also the hope and excitement.
My love to your daughter and her husband.
I realise this is another blow in a very difficult year, and that you are physically and mentally tired after all the recent works and emotions.
Know I’m praying for you and your family. I realise that for your other daughter and your husband also, this is extremely painful.
In my prayers, Trishie

your

I also empathize with you miz your sons and daughters are in my prayers always.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come THY will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Tell them I will say a rosary for them also.

Praying for them, mlz. I know this grief all too well.

My dear friend, I know just one positive. This child will remain as your spiritual grandchild and will have lifelong, loving prayer that wouldn’t have been there, except for your family. Please God, also this little spiritual grandchild’s mother will grow with your prayers, and in all the sadness, it could be that the love and prayer of your family has been what has helped her to want and welcome her baby. God asks so much of us sometimes. Who is this child that God has worked so hard and lovingly through your family for.

I’m sorry I have such a roundabout brain that sees things like that when you all have so much grief. I’m grieving with you and your family too. You know that I love you.

I went through that over twenty years ago.It was tough at the time. I went on a retreat to help myself through it and was told when in prayer, that I wasn’t to worry .That the child I would adopt would be perfect for us and that he would always be and act and be thought of as our birth child and there would never be barriers between us.My son Andre is now 23 and very close to us.Even though it hurt at the time I am convinced that God was doing the right thing for us at the time by denying us that particular child.
I don’t want to be nosy but was it a domestic or foreign adoption?
God Bless you and Give you peace at this difficult time.

May God Bless you, your daughter and son-in-law! My daughter is thinking about adopting, and just this evening we talked in a little more detail. The very thought of going through this process and then being disappointed like this, I can not help feel there is something better to come your way for your loving family! God is watching out for you and your family!
Once again, may God Bless all of you! I will keep you in my prayers! :gopray2::gopray2::gopray2:
With much love and special prayers,
Angel Face

Heavenly Father, comfort their hurting hearts as you comforted mine 19 years ago. Please give them wisdom and understanding to accept your will in their lives and your timing to bring them their child. Precious Blessed Virgin Mary, intercede on their behalf for God’s will in their lives and the fullfillment of their hearts’ desire for parenthood.

Praying hard for your daughter and her husband … May surround them with His Love and Mercy:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come THY will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.
Hail Mary,full of grace,the Lord is with thee.Blessed art thou among women,and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,Mother of God,pray for us sinners now,and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am so very sorry for all th emotional distress this has caused.I cant begin to imagine how updet your daughter feels.My prayers for another child to come to them.

Father
bless this family as they mourn the loss of the child they thought they were going to have.May they child be blessed and have a safe and good life with its birth mother.May this couple be blessed to become parents soon.May they give love and nurturing to a child who needs their love.May they be fulfilled as parents very soon.Bless this couple and guide them along the path to where they will find their child for them.Lord in your mercy hear our prayers
Amen

Father please have compassion on this family in their loss and grief.
The family has had a difficult year and greatly need Your suport and healing.a very difficult year, and mlz is physically and mentally tired after all the recent work and emotions. Please help her and her daughter and son-in-law, and each family member to recover.
Please also give Your blessing and protection the the mother and the baby.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

The family has had a difficult year and greatly need Your suport and healing.a very difficult year, and mlz is physically and mentally tired after all the recent work and emotions. Please help her and her daughter and son-in-law, and each family member to recover.
Please also give Your blessing and protection to the mother and the baby.

Thy Kingdom come,

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thy Kingdom come,

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

The family has had a difficult year and greatly need Your support and healing.a very difficult year, and mlz is physically and mentally tired after all the recent work and emotions.
Please help her and her daughter and son-in-law, and each family member to recover.

Please helpmlz’s parents to sell their home quickly so that this added family burden is quickly removed.
Thank You, Father

Thy Kingdom come,
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Lord
please hear our prayers for this family who are suffering deeply may they be blessed and may they soon get the opportunity of their baby coming along for them.May the birth mother and baby be safe and well cared for.May this couple go on to have the right baby for them that You send.May they become parents by Your grace one day soon.Amen

Thy Kingdom come,

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

The family has had a difficult year and greatly need Your support and healing.a very difficult year, and mlz is physically and mentally tired after all the recent work and emotions.
Please help her and her daughter and son-in-law, and each family member to recover.

Please help mlz’s parents to sell their home quickly so that this added family burden is quickly removed.
Thank You, Father

Thy Kingdom come,
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Lord
please bless this family and may they come to terms with the loss.May they be fulfilled with THE baby for them to nurture and cherish.Lord we pray for the needs of this family please help them.Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.