Faith-filled Jets LB DeMario Davis would welcome gay teammate

newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/10/faith-filled-jets-lb-demario-davis-would-welcome-gay-teammate/

Headline is a little misleading, since there are parts of the story like this:

“According to the scriptures, and God’s law, homosexuality is wrong. The act is wrong,” added Davis, who was selected by New York in the third round of the 2012 draft. “I’ve got homosexuals in my family who I love to death. I’ve got drunks in my family. I’ve got people who have premarital sex in my family. And I don’t agree with any of those things, but I still love and respect those people.”

I think DeMario strikes the right balance, or close to it, between rejecting homosexual acts as sinful and also co-existing with sinner. What do you think?

He is basically saying “love the sinner, but hate the sin” which has always been the traditional Christian way.

Didn’t Phil Robertson get blasted and almost lose his job for saying the same things? How is this different? Don’t get me wrong I hope it is different and Christians can be allowed to express their beliefs without the fear of reprisal and being called hater, bigot, intolerant and any other name that one can come up with that tries to bury the Truth in relativism.

Phil Robertson got blasted because he tacked on bestiality to the list, which many (including myself) felt highly inappropriate. Still didn’t feel he deserved a suspension though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.