Faith in Hollywood

FIrst off, to the moderators, I have spoken mostly to the people in this forum since I’ve been on CA which is why I posted this on here, however; I know it is not totally apologetic based and would understand if you moved it.

Now onto the real topic at hand.

To All:

I think we are starting to see an influx of spirituality in the world. Television and movies are starting to delve more frequently into topics associated with faith and religion.

What I was really thinking though is how much of a hold Satan has on this society. Why do I say that? Because people willingly believe a story like the DaVinci Code which is CONFIRMED FICTION over The Passion.

I remember hearing the critics when The Passion came out. It was anti-semetic, it was gratuitous violence, it was unneeded gore, it had nothing to do with Christ’s teaching, etc. The central idea of the death of Jesus Christ and just how much suffering he endured for our sake was ignored. Now when the book The DaVinci Code came out, I hear; Christ was secretly married, Christ had children, etc.

It’s interesting to see how fiction has more people believing falsehoods then historical evidence has people believing in Christ.

What do others think on these topics? I am wondering what the reviews of the movie, “The End of the Spear,” will be like knowing that it is about 5 missionaries who were killed. I’m thinking many people will say that, “they tried to change a culture and push their beliefs on the people and shouldn’t have been there in the first place.” We see Hollywood finally bringing forth topics of faith, I just hope that we see everyone else react to those topics.

Again any other views?

It’s amazing to recall how the critics were wringing their hands in feigned despair about the blood and violence in THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST.

A new film is out, a thousand times more bloody, vile, and sadistic, called HOSTEL. Those same “concerned” critics are strangely silent about this gorefest of a film. Interesting.

Jaypeeto3

[quote=Jaypeeto3]It’s amazing to recall how the critics were wringing their hands in feigned despair about the blood and violence in THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST.

A new film is out, a thousand times more bloody, vile, and sadistic, called HOSTEL. Those same “concerned” critics are strangely silent about this gorefest of a film. Interesting.

Jaypeeto3
[/quote]

We have been called a desensitized society that glorifies violence. It’s amazing that the most meaningful, most perfect act of violence (the crucifixion) is when people are against it. Otherwise, violence is quite alright…just look at our video games.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.