Faith in Jesus

The Lord Jesus is my shepherd. He leads me beside the waters of hope. I shall not despair, nor shall I fear or envy. I shall overcome with love, and find peace, through faith in my brother Jesus, the Son of God and the Son of Man. - Philip Bitsco

Lord, We are Your people,
the sheep of Your flock.
Heal the sheep who are wounded,
Touch the sheep who are in pain,
Clean the sheep who are soiled,
Warm the lambs who are cold.
Help us to know the Father’s love
through Jesus the Shepherd
and through His Spirit.
Help us to lift up that love,
and show it all over this land.
Help us to build love on justice
and justice on love.
Help us to believe mightily,
Hope joyfully,
Love Divinely.
Renew us that we may renew the face of the earth.

Amen.

Thank you, aldebaron2, for an inspirational prayer today. It is always comforting for me to read the prayers of other Christians about Jesus, whatever their church or understanding of Jesus, for it helps me to learn and strengthen my own faith. - Philip Bitsco.

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths

Amen

Thank you, bre, for your kind response. It is always of interest to me to learn how other people have faith in our brother Jesus. One can learn a great deal from the exchange. While I have great respect for the mother of Jesus, a respect shared by Muslims, I am pained to think that Mary has often been used as a pawn to deny women equality before God. Churches and shrines have been erected in her honour: it is what one would expect if one believed her to be the Mother of God. But if a woman can be the Mother of God, why can a woman not be a priest in the church which calls Mary the Mother of God?

Please do not be offended by this reply. I am touched that you would post such a kind prayer in response to my own prayer. Philip Bitsco.

Amen.

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.