faith SOS

Hello

I am having a lot of trouble understanding so of the Catholic faith. I am really confused compared to how I was raised Catholic. Would someone knowledgeable let me PM them so I can ask you. I am struggling Right now. I want to make sure understand better.

I’d tell you to PM me, but I’m not too knowledgeable. I will say that you should feel free to post any question on this forum. Surely, someone who knows the faith very well will be able to give you a solid answer.

God bless!

Yahoo but it always gets side tracked or people start bickering. Lol

I think it would be better if you approach a priest. And even better if he is someone known to be a good teacher.

I would be happy to help you with any struggles you may have, as I am an amateur theologian. However, I'd recommend speaking to a priest about issues as well, or asking the apologists on this site. If you'd just like to discuss religious topics, though, I'd be more than happy to discuss with you.

Same for me

And in addition to the forums, you could also check out the Catholic Answers main website and check out their tracts, and I always recommend their book The Essential Catholic Survival Guide (which contains their online tracts in a particular order). The book is more meant to teach you how to debate with anti-Catholics, but it also helps to understand concepts of Catholic theology.

Also, the Catechism is a great thing to have. You can view the Catechism online on the Vatican website, or on the website for the USCCB. Personally, I’d recommend the USCCB version, since I find it more visually appealing, easier to read, and it has a nice search function.

But feel free to PM me. I am a logic minded person with a degree in Computer Science, so I’m used to figuring out ways to describe hard concepts in a simpler way.

God bless!

A wonderful resource for basic (and some not-so-basic) Catholicism is Catholicism for Dummies. It is an easily read and understood book that many RCIA programs use. However, it is useful long after one completes RCIA. I learn something each time I browse my copy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.