Faith vs. Defeat: An inspirational message

I just wanted to share this Daily inspiration that my mother just sent to me. My parents work for a Catholic Health System and my mother gets these daily inspirations from her “boss”. As I’ve mentioned before she is a source of positive thinking and has always believed that negativity breeds more negativity. I think this daily inspiration is perfect in so many aspects - personally and communally, and especially for church musicians or lay people who feel like nothing can be done for sacred music at Mass, especially when they feel like they have trouble getting through to their priests, music ministers, etc. Never say “Never”, and you can accomplish almost anything no matter what the odds. God Bless.

FAITH vs DEFEAT

All through the day there are two voices that compete for our attention–the voice of faith (positive) and the voice of defeat (negative).

You’ll hear a voice saying, “You’ll never rise any higher. You don’t have what it takes. You’ve reached your limit.” But if you listen carefully, you’ll hear another voice saying, “You are well & able. You can do anything! Your best days are still up ahead.” You are the one who gets to choose which voice comes to life by speaking it out of your own mouth. The moment you verbalize that thought, you give it the right to come to pass. When you speak faith (positive), you’re in agreement with God. When you speak defeat (negative), you’re in agreement with the enemy.

Positive talk brings positive outcomes.

Negative talk brings negative outcomes.

So, why not think positive today? That negative voice may be louder, but you can override it. You can take away all of its power by simply choosing the voice of faith. Choose to declare favor, blessing, and increase over your life so that you can walk in the victory the universe has in store for you.

aaa

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.