Faithful/orthodox parish & school in LA?

Does anyone here know of a good, faithful Catholic parish and elementary school in LA? Preferably in or near the 90045 zip code (6100 block of W 77th St) but any will be welcome. I have grandchildren ready for school in a year or so and their current parish is less than ideal. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

No, but one way to check out parishes is their websites. Use the zip code and masstimes.org to find churches, then visit their websites. Some even post bulletins on line.

No guarantees, but when you see adoration, lots of Masses, decent confession times, links to orthodox sites etc, you at least get a feel for what they may be teaching.

If no one has suggestions, that would be my next step. --KCT

Great parishes with schools I am aware of would be Holy Innocents in Long Beach, pastor is Fr. Peter Irving, a very orthodox, tell it like it is priest and the school is run by the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles. Also, St. Peter and Paul Parish in Wilmington, run by the Norbertine Fathers - also very orthodox.

Another excellent parish is the one I attend, St. Peter Chanel in Hawaiian Gardens, run by the Oblates of the Virgin Mary - but they don’t have a school, although a homeschool tutorial programs rents space from the parish.

St Gerard Majella, 4439 Inglewood Ave – pretty close to the address you posted. The pastor has the schoolchildren go to weekday mass once a week, preaches good, clear homilies, has the children receive Communion on the tongue. I don’t know anything about the religion classes at the school but I assume they would be good.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.