Fake news report: "Newly-found Document Holds Eyewitness Account of Jesus..."

Newly-Found Document Holds Eyewitness Account of Jesus Performing Miracle

Beware!

This is very well constructed fake news, and is being shared by Christians on facebook.

It took me in almost completely. I was about to repost enthusiastically on facebook, but did a little research in CAF first and discovered that World News Report Daily is a satire site - saving myself some embarrassment.

And, a tip for searching CAF.

Use the google “site” search facility.

I searched CAF for the historian mentioned in the article, Paterculus, as follows:

In the google search box:

site:forums.catholic.com Paterculus

Fakes and spoofs abound. Email, websites, YouTube, YouNameIt! Personally, I consider everything false until I check it myself.

All the confirmation I need is found kneeling in Christ’s presence. Each of us at adoration is an eyewitness. But, bible Christians don’t have that.

Sites like those anger me. They just spread misinformation everywhere.

Wait are you referring to fake news sites or real news sites? :smiley:

Yep. I had to correct three friends on Facebook last night regarding this article.

:shrug: Sometimes we will believe just about anything to ‘prove’ what we believe. :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed. Ever hear of the “Well to Hell”? snopes.com/religion/wellhell.asp

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.