Fallen Away Catholics

I offer up my prayers this day and every day of my life for all fallen-away Catholics especially those in my family and amongst my friends and associates and their families. Through God’s grace and my prayers and those of others, may these fallen-away Catholics come back to the Faith before it is too late.

Some do… My grandmother probably prayed for 20 years…and she passed away before I did. But now I’m here to stay!

I am here. I came back beaten and hurting. I sign in daily to talk and be among people. I get empty social rooms and priests that cant answer emails. How do you expect us to come back? To what? empty rooms and being ignored…I had that before

I was a fallen away Catholic who heard God calling me home last Summer. I often pray that my siblings who had drifted away from the Church much like I did that they hear the same calling from God to come Home like I did.

Thank you. Maybe your prayers helped this stay little sheep find his way back to Jesus. :slight_smile:

Sorry for your bad experience here. I have had your experience. Actually dealing with Catholic people in Catholic places is often quite disappointing. But don’t hold that against God. The truth is, many people all over the place are often disappointing. But there are some people who are usually pretty good too. In any case, if we are ever going to know God, we have to cultivate a relationship with God. That is not the same as a relationship with a web site, an institution, a parish, a priest, a deacon, a parish group, or whatever. God is real. God is a person. I don’t say is it always real simple or easy to develop a relationship with the God of the Universe. But it IS worth it. Nothing else will substitute for that. Best wishes!

I felt the same way, not too long ago. I felt I had come home to the Church only to be ignored. No one at Mass seemed to care if I was there or not…then it occurred to me, I wasn’t stepping out and trying to meet people either.:eek: So I prayed and prayed for guidance. I ask God to show me what He wanted for me, what He wanted me to do.I asked our Blessed Mother to please pray for me. He answered with, get involved! I am getting involved and I am blessed.Of course, I continue to pray daily for this. I will pray God guides you. Welcome home! :slight_smile:

I have a couple friends that are beginning to make their way back to the Church. I will certainly be praying for them and all others like them.

As you people sit here and preach about my lost religion. One little girl, not so little now, became my friend on facebook. She reminded me of the love in my heart, the joy of giving, and happiness. She didnt quote the bible once. She brought me such joy. This religion has yet to compare.

Hi elibrimom. I don’t think anyone here means to sound preachy. I think they’ve just found peace in their faith and sincerely want the same for you. I sense you want to talk about something. I’m sure everyone else would be as happy as I am to listen. What’s on your mind? If you’re not comfortable making a public post, feel free to send me a private message. Don’t be afraid to reach out. :slight_smile:

Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kindgom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliever us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

I’m sorry you feel this way…I was attempting to let you know that I too, have had the same feelings, that you’re not alone. If I have offended you, I apologize. That was never my intention.

Thank-you all for your responses, advice, words, and prayers. I did not mean to be quite so harsh. I suffer from depression and I thin it smacked me hard last night. I try to remain upbeat, but last night I failed. Please accept my apology and again thank-you.

Lisa

Shelda,
I am sorry. I signed off last night because I was feeling really low and was crying. I did not see your responses. You did not offend me. I thank-you for sharing your experience and your attempt to make me feel welcome.

Lisa

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us form the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy. Amen.

Greetings Elibrimom,

My friend, depression is a horrible thing to suffer with. I am glad that things are going much better for you today. I am very happy to see you doing better,

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

Praying hard.

Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kindgom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliever us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

It’s okay. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you can find comfort here. :slight_smile:

As of yesterday, the 21st, it has been a year since I returned back to the church and brought my 4 year old daughter with me. Now, I cannot think of leaving. And there’s been things and people who like to make it tricky, but I go. I hang on when I feel like I’m just not doing it right. Kind of like when Peter got out of the boat, to walk on the water toward Jesus. Actually, it’s a lot like that. But it’s not feeling but KNOWING He loves me and wants me there.

So like others who’ve said it before me, I too should thank you and others who pray for fallen away Catholics. I appreciate it.

Our Father, who art in Heaven.
Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done.
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Let us not into temptation but deliver from evil.

Amen.

Thank you Lord for calling, for opening my heart to accept the call.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.