Fallen in love with a hymn – but does it fit with catholic teachings?

I have completely fallen in live with a hymn tune and words! I was given a CD for Christmas, “Paradise Found, a Celebration of Charles Wesley”. Track four has a hymn tune called “University”, written in the 1780’s by the English composer Charles Collignon (1725-1785). Here’s an online clip:
amazon.co.uk/know-That-My-Redeemer-Lives/dp/B003VDNEXS

These are the hymn words by Wesley:
I know that my Redeemer lives, And ever prays for me;
A token of His love He gives, A pledge of liberty.

I find Him lifting up my head; He brings salvation near;
His presence make me free indeed, And He will soon appear.

He wills that I should holy be; Who can withstand His will?
The counsel of His grace in me, He surely shall fulfil.

Jesus, I hang upon Thy word; I steadfastly believe
Thou wilt return and claim me, Lord, And to Thyself receive

Question: I’d like to pluck up courage and the priest and choir master if they would consider adding this to the choir repertoire and sung at mass. But is it a suitable hymn? I’ve read much on this forum about protestant hymns and the general consensus is that there is no problem with these - provided their message does not contradict catholic teachings. So would this particular hymn pass that test? And if so, where might be the most suitable part of mass to sing this - offertory? I’m not very knowledgeable in these matters but the hymn words seem very unlike the usual ones we sing at mass.
:confused:
Many thanks

Pretty sure we sing this in church, so if it’s anti-Catholic …

:shrug:

I see no explicit heretical teaching within the hymn. However, when considerings whether to use any hymn, Catholic or not, a pastor or the one designated to choose hymns, must consider whether a hymn is prudent in any given situation. A hymn that even hints at some heresy that has actively arisen in a parish should be avoided.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.