Falling in Love with Mother Mary

Recently, like never before, I have been coming closer to the Blessed Virgin Mary, as if being drawn to her. Praying the Rosary is burning higher within me, (until recently, I’ve never been a big “fan” of it, my mind wanders easily and it was difficult to focus), thinking about her messages in the approved apparitions excites me, but over all . . . realizing, truly realizing that she is our Mother, that our Lord Christ Jesus had given us, our Spiritual Mother, blows me away tenfold!!! I mean . . . wow! :o Scott Hahn’s book “Hail, Holy Queen” has really shaken me up in a good way.

To know that she cares for us like a Mother, is concerned for us, intercedes for us, and reigns over us as our Queen, our loving most holy righteous Queen—made righteous by the blood of Christ, who preserved her from all stain of sin by His grace, scarcely can I fathom. God, my (our) Bridegroom has opened my eyes to this wonderful Truth and I feel utterly in love with her now, like never before, like a child loves his/her mother, I love her as my Spiritual Mother, and I dearly hope she’ll continue interceding for me to my Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ—my first and foremost love whom I worship.

To experience Catholicism is to see Christianity in a most wondrous and beautiful light. We are a family, such an enormous family. The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit–God, our Spiritual Mother He gaves us, Mary, the Saints and all of us struggling to make it there on earth by His grace. I dearly hope we all find Him, oh dear Lord, I can’t fathom the thought of not having Him, being with Him, loving Him as a Bride loves her spouse, for He is our spouse, and His spouse our Queen, and all of us brothers and sisters.

God bless :o

Oh, I know what you mean! I am where you are, a recent convert blasted by the extreme experience of loving Mary, loving the Catholic Church, and loving Christ the Eucharist. WHAT an amazing joy all of this is! It just crashes into the core of your being like a lightning bolt. It’s the most beautiful and precious experience of life, these sacred loves, these joys I carry with me everywhere I go! I can just begin saying, “Blessed be God, blessed be God, blessed be God . . .” over and over again, and the joy is overwhelming, or pray the “Hail Mary”, and the joy fills my soul to bursting. How have I deserved that the Mother of my Lord should come to me???

HOW?

Glory be to God! Glory be to God! Glory, glory, amen!

I am right with you, The Catholic. On the day of Easter, I just couldn’t restrain this feeling any more and I wrote an eight page (double space) praise of the Catholic Church and all its beauties and glories.

This seems a good topic to post it; I’ve been wanting to express it on Catholic Answers and have been waiting for the right opportunity.

Actually, maybe I’ll start a new “sister thread” to this one, praising the Catholic Church, and these can praise God through His magnificent Catholic glories, side by side.

By the way, if you haven’t read St. Louis de Montfort’s “True Devotion to Mary,” you’ve got to read it! It’s an incredible book for developing one’s Marian devotion and understanding of the perfection and stunning magnificence of her role in God’s plan.

Just thinking of Mary makes my heart cringe at the beauty. She is such beauty, such, such beauty. Just turning the mind to think on her fills the heart with exquisite happiness. How have I deserved that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?

I’m awestruck by what I have found in the Catholic Church, and Mary is one of its greatest beauties, its most extreme lights.

Seeing you post this, both of you, gives me such joy. It is rare to see and hear devotion to her as the two of you have expressed it. I love her too and have since I was very small, have always received her as my Spiritual Mother and felt close to her throughout my entire life. My Mother loved her too and always prayed the Rosary daily, as I do now.

The Catholic, you sound much like St. Therese and the way she speaks of her “little way”. If you haven’t read her autobiography put it on your list of things to read. It is titled “Story of a Soul”.

Lief, I loved the way you said this: How have I deserved that the Mother of my Lord should come to me? (Just like St. Elizabeth.) She is truly a gift from our Lord.
I have always been thankful that Jesus gave her to all of us from the Cross, how amazing that is to me, that while He was dying, He said very few things, and “Behold your Mother” was one of them.

She will lead you both into such a deep relationship with Her Son Jesus, you will be utterly amazed, and by you suggesting St. Louis De Montfort’s book Lief, I can see that you are well on your way.

(Scott Hahn is great too.) I’ve never read any of his books, but I can tell when I hear him speak on EWTN that man is full of the love of God, his wife Kimberly is too, their children are so blessed to have them for parents. I must read his books one day.

You have both spoken well of her. God bless you!

I was just preparing to reply about 15 minutes ago, I was so happy to read your post , Yes, I love Holy Mother with all my heart and soul too. and amazingly, at that time I heard “Go, Go” -that’s bird song. and saw two big white birds stopped beside me in balcony,I rose and rushed to take the pictures for you, it 's two large white -Headed Gulls
I think they are singing "Glory! Glory! Glory! " Praise the Lord! Hail Mary!

I’m but a few short weeks into praying the Rosary and already the example of Our Lady of Sorrows has called to me. If I have but one thing to proclaim to the world in this moment, it is that God and all His Saints call us to pray! There is infinite wisdom and power in prayer, and the Blessed Virgin gives us the greatest example of humble piety there is. So great is her faith that she sits in the place of highest honor among the Saints and Angels! So perfect was her humility that she delivered Jesus through the pains of childbirth! May all who would call themselves Christians behold their Mother as Jesus and the Disciples did at the Cross.

Please allow me to share some humble thoughts that I’ve recently had while upon meditation upon the Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin.

In suffering, the Lord gives the promise of salvation.
In loss, the Lord grants us eternal reward.
In despair, the Lord inspires hope.
In death, the Lord gives us life.
From hate, the Lord’s love springs eternal.

May God bless you all, and may Our Lady of Sorrows obtain from her son, Jesus, every pardon and every gift of the spirit which you pray for.

HAIL ! Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope, To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious advocate, thy eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement! O loving! O sweet Virgin Mary !
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Thank God Please Almighty Father, Jesus Christ and Holy Mother, Holy Spirit. guide and protect us, our familys and friends who are in You, and myself. Amen.

Thank you, you have me in tears here, reading your post. :o

Today, in the basement at work (I’m a Maintnence man :D) I asked the Blessed Virgin Mary to pray for me to her Son for my condition, I suffer dreadfully from obsessive compulsion disorder and sometimes the thoughts/anxieties are so severe I feel trapped and crushed and taken away from everything I love—God included, and now that God has shown me even more love the fear of losing it to a mental disorder causes me to tremble greatly. Though I don’t think He’ll lift it, not while on earth. I think He wants me to have it, and bare it, and it’s been hell, but . . . I will do whatever He tells me. Therefore I offered my sufferings to those in Purgatory of His choosing, the first time i had ever done such a thing.

So, the birds singing a song for me at your balcony really warmed my heart. thank you friend, brother (or sister). I love you. :o

Hi Lief :slight_smile: hugs i see you on here from time to time, I first remmeber seeing your name back in the fall :smiley:

Thanks for your warm comments. You most assuredly love our Lord and Church, and I’m glad to be your brother. :o

Oh and by the way, you can post what you wrote on Easter in this thread, i’d like that :slight_smile:

Thank you, Brother. :blush:

LORD, Jesus, Mary Mother of Jesus please help The Catholic get well from anxieties, let him know that your blessings, and know that God never give us suffering that we can not bear, and even this suffering they are turned into pleasure. let him take this in heart-that one day Your kingdom come , we will have a higher happiness, a happiness less calm now for one calmer and eternal. and promises happiness inexhaustible when He comes.
Praise His Holy name! Hail Mary!

May Christ go with you, Brother. may God guide you and protect you.

-a sister in God. :slight_smile:

I just reread your first post, The Catholic. Man is it beautiful! I love it!

I’ll just get the link. Here’s what I wrote:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=331472

Yeah I just read it and posted, it’s so amazingly enshrouded in detail beautifully! :slight_smile:

God bless you!

Lief Erikson, :blush:, I humbly ask you if I may post your praises of the Catholic Church on a spiritual blog I will be soon setting up on my myspace? :o I’m going to be doing a bundle of them, my thoughts, feelings and Truth about our Lord. I so dearly want my friends and all guests to see what you wrote, cause wow, it blows me away, and if they could see it and take it to heart . . . that there are Catholics out there who understand their Faith, and are showered with the love of God, then who knows what could happen? (My friends, most of which do not come to Catholic Answers, would at least read the blogs at my myspace) And I will tell where the praises came from, and who wrote them out of the love in his heart for the Catholic Faith.

I you feel shy, I understand, and thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

By the way, here is my myspace. You can see what my big goofy self looks like :smiley:

And in the blogs section I have already written two poems for our Lord tittled “My Desire in You” and “To Love is to Suffer.” Well, I wrote a third poem also but that one was for my dear wife. myspace.com/streethawk7

Maybe it will help some to see better the beauty of the Church :). So sure, go ahead and use it on your myspace. I feel privileged you’d want to :).

I'm precatechumenate, but in my heart I'm converted. I'll be starting RCIA this fall. I've been falling in love with our Mother. I typed those words into a search, and found this post. I had to make a profile on this forum, to join you in expressing pure and ecstatic love for our beautiful Mother. I was raised protestand, and although I feel I got a good Christian background, I feel like I've been taken to a higher level than ever in coming into the True Church and finding a wonderful spiritual love affair with Our Lady. God bless you all.

[quote="jamesmeyer, post:15, topic:151920"]
I'm precatechumenate, but in my heart I'm converted. I'll be starting RCIA this fall. I've been falling in love with our Mother. I typed those words into a search, and found this post. I had to make a profile on this forum, to join you in expressing pure and ecstatic love for our beautiful Mother. I was raised protestand, and although I feel I got a good Christian background, I feel like I've been taken to a higher level than ever in coming into the True Church and finding a wonderful spiritual love affair with Our Lady. God bless you all.

[/quote]

Praise be to God! :D

And welcome to the forums! :) :)

Bless you for your faith. :slight_smile:

I’ve met some very spiritual people in my life who had totally devoted their lives to our Virgin Mother. (St. Augustine Monks, actually) And they said that there faith became real to them when they started to love Mother Mary as both a mother and a lover. It became a strangely incestuous relationship but was filled with such purity that I cried.

Yes, it seems difficult to put it into words because we tend to equate erotic love with sexuality. This love for the Blessed Virgin, though, makes me realize that there is a love that is far greater and far more exciting than sex. Being raised protestant, I struggled with devotion to Mary, but now I praise God even more for giving us a beautiful Mother to love. When I see the pictures of her holding Jesus close to her, I feel her holding all of us that way in the most tender loving embrace.
I’ve struggled for years with sexual sin, and now I offer my soul and body to the Virgin. I ask Her to remind me to treat all women with the same love and respect that I’d treat her.

I feel exactly the same way when looking at those pictures. And this interpretation is both true and valid, for we are all members of the Body of Christ and she gave birth to the whole Body of Christ, both Incarnate on Earth and now from Heaven, giving birth to all of us.

Praise to the Mother of all Christians!

I know, this is a wonderful fruit that can flow from devotion to her. As a result of my devotion to her, I abandoned all movies that include scantily clad women, for I saw the woman in all women and knew that I definitely need to treat them all with the dignity they are elevated to in the New Eve.

I also started treating my earthly mother with greater respect and obedience.

[quote="Vulneris, post:17, topic:151920"]
Bless you for your faith. :)

I've met some very spiritual people in my life who had totally devoted their lives to our Virgin Mother. (St. Augustine Monks, actually) And they said that there faith became real to them when they started to love Mother Mary as both a mother and a lover. It became a strangely incestuous relationship but was filled with such purity that I cried.

[/quote]

Incest is physical, sexual and evil in God's eyes, so it doesn't really make sense as an analogy, but I do know what you mean and I emphatically agree. I too look on her as both mother and lover, and love for her is deeply passionate in a way it is not between me and my earthly mother. I expect you know what I mean. I love my earthly mother and always have, and she loves me, but my love for Mary is passionate like a groom for a bride, who will (and even desires to) suffer for his bride and do anything to please her . . . it's a very different relationship, far more elevated than earthly love.

To any Protestants reading this who feel confused by such love, I would add that none of us on Earth can possibly love Mary as much as God does, so we should never be thinking about how to love Mary less but rather should be thinking about how to love God more :D. And deep, passionate and vastly intensified love for God always flows hand in hand with true Marian devotion. And we love God more than anything at all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.