False Prayer

Recently the Sydney -]Moslem /-]Morning Herald ran a series of articles about Islam, including several stories about converts.

Some were impressed by Moslems dedication to prayer.

Jesus said
Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

There is dedication, but to what ends? If the ends are false, then such dedication is not praiseworthy at all.

It reminded me of a war documentary where it spoke of the ‘determination’ and ‘grit’ shown by soldiers, but these were Nazis. Such determination therefore is that of an effort to protect an evil realm. Determination, and grit aren’t ends in themselves.

Neither is prayer.

Are Muslims even going to heaven?

Just wondering due to the fact that in scripture it says that Jesus and the Father are One. Muslims don’t believe that. So how is it that they are assured of heaven?

Just wondering.:confused:

If they are, it’s not *because *of Islam

Suppose it turns out that Jesus and the Father are not One. Do you think that would mean you would be barred from heaven?

wouldn’t you have to ask someone that believed that eg a Mohammedan?

This is off topic, but how do you get to a link using something like the above. I’ve seen it done lots of times using here but have no idea how it’s done.

Some were impressed by Moslems dedication to prayer.

Jesus said
"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

There is dedication, but to what ends? If the ends are false, then such dedication is not praiseworthy at all.

It reminded me of a war documentary where it spoke of the ‘determination’ and ‘grit’ shown by soldiers, but these were Nazis. Such determination therefore is that of an effort to protect an evil realm. Determination, and grit aren’t ends in themselves.

Neither is prayer.

Exactly, something like this calling for the deaths of all Americans and Jews.
jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1178020746583&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Vickie

Or maybe a Jew …

not quite the same tho - hardly as universal

Jews, just as Muslims, do not believe that Jesus is God the Son. It is just as afronting to both to say it or hold the belief. They both hold that it is a blasphemy to hold this belief.

As far as the OP: “False Prayer” ? You’re going on about False Prayer ?? Of all the actions I see the Muslim Word involved in, praying 5 times a day is the last one I have any problem with.

I think if a person has erroneous ideas about God and they pray to God asking for truth, He will bring them to the light of truth and help free them from their errors–unless they repress that grace of course. This is how many people come to the true faith.

No. My question was that suppose as a Christian, you die and it turns out that God and Jesus were not one. THat Jesus was not God. Do you believe that the fact you were mistaken about the nature of God in life would prevent your soul from returning to heaven?

well how can that be part of one’s belief system?
surely that would be a strange sort of faith that has a fall-back position?
that would require a totally different paradigm surely?

Jews don’t believe that Jesus was a prophet.
Moslems do.
Jews don’t believe that God tricked people into believing Jesus was executed
Moslems do.

That is the point of the OP. Praying five times a day for the wrong reasons is false. See the Bible quote.

Jesus said

Jesus also said: Pass no judgment and you will not be judged, For as you judge others, so you will yoursleves be judged and whatever measure you deal out to othres will be dealt back to you’. Mt 7:1-2

Jesus also said: ‘those who live by the sword shall perish by the sword’ that does not mean just Muslims it includes anyone of any nationality or culture including us.

What would make me suppose Jesus and Father is not One? I believe what I read in Scripture and it says that the Father and the Son are One.

If that were true in an absolute senese then no legal system would be able to work - as no one would be qualified to ‘judge’ another.

We can judge an ideology

Who’s advocating ‘the sword’?

Please give specifics about which posters here are doing this?

Amen! :gopray:

John 10:30
"I and the Father are one."

I’ve heard people here say that those who deny Jesus will not be admitted to heaven. So my question was suppose those who accept Jesus are wrong? Do you think God would bar you from heaven? Saying “I’m not wrong” doesn’t answer the question.

why did Jesus tell his disciples to carry a sword?..
there are clear examples of the apostles (guided by God) judging people

Check out Romans 2

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.