False Prophet or Just a Nut?

Can somebody please give me some insight or information on this obvious anti-Catholic writer Texe Marrs who runs a Fundamentalist “End Times” group out of Austin, Tx. What bothered me about his book Codex Magica, was that it associated our late and Blessed Pope John Paul II as being involved in the “Illuminati” or Freemasons who plan to start the “New World Order” :confused:

Catholic Answers founder Karl Keating wrote eloquently about Marrs a few years ago in *This Rock * magazine. I doubt if Marrs has changed since then. You can find the piece here:

catholic.com/thisrock/1993/9302drag.asp

Mostly a nut I believe. As a life long “protestant” I can’t believe that Tex Marrs made it into the Catholic Answers Forum. I occasionly go to his site to see what he is claiming now. This man has no credability with most protestants of any stripe nor shoud he have. If he would use his knowledge in preaching the true gospel of Christ instead of wasting his time with all his garbage maybe he could redeem himself!!! Please do not pay this man any mind!!

Maranatha!!!

I have seen a couple of his books in the Bookstores (although most of them were when I lived in the Dallas area). I think he and Dan Brown would make a good mpair of collaborators on a book. Both see conspiracies where there are none. :rolleyes:

PF

[quote=nick24]Can somebody please give me some insight or information on this obvious anti-Catholic writer Texe Marrs who runs a Fundamentalist “End Times” group out of Austin, Tx. What bothered me about his book Codex Magica, was that it associated our late and Blessed Pope John Paul II as being involved in the “Illuminati” or Freemasons who plan to start the “New World Order” :confused:
[/quote]

Anything that has to do with conspiracy theories should be relegated to where they belong–in the trash. That’s as much as I’ll give it.

I had never heard of him, until last year…Shortly after Pope John Paul 2 passed away, one of the posters here was doing a ‘net search of information about JP2, & ran across Marrs’ site…All I can say is:
http://bestsmileys.com/puking/2.gif

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.