Familia Jacopa and Sororum Jacopa New Franciscan Communities for Widows/Single Women

BREAKING NEWS! Familia Jacopa (Family of Jacopa) is a new Catholic Franciscan family forming in Steubenville, Ohio, U.S.A.. Thanks to all of the encouragement of my Forum friends, Spiritual Directors, Secular Franciscan Community, friends especially my widow friends; I am now making this public. Please see my Web Blog; Familia Jacopa at:*

familiajacopa.wordpress.com/*or contact me at:*familiajacopa@yahoo.com

This family is for widows and*single women*of all ages. There are two communities; Familia Jacopa and Sororum Jacopa (Sisters of Jacopa).*

The Familia Jacopa will have dual formation in the Secular Franciscan Order and with the community (FJ). Women can either live in Steubenville in community at the house/convent or in their own homes. Members could also live elsewhere and receive formation.*

The Sororum Jacopa will be born out of the Familia Jacopa and proposes to become a religious community, Franciscan TOR.

My directors have told me to start living the life, make it public to invite inquirers and to continue writing the Constitutions and other needed materials. I hope to have an appointment to present this to the Bishop of Steubenville within a few months.*

Pax et Bonum, Kathleen Marshall, ofs

Congratulations, Kathleen, how exciting for you! I'm so glad you started a blog. I hope you'll be writing a lot about how your own background, how this came to be, and how it will work more specifically.

Will divorced Catholic women be able to be a part?

New posting today on the Familia Jacopa blog:

familiajacopa.wordpress.com/

These new communities are forming for widows and single women of any age who desire a Franciscan life as a Third Order Secular and member of the new community (Familia Jacopa) or as a religious Sister taking vows and living in community (Sororum Jacopa) in Steubenville, Ohio.

Pax et bonum,
Kathleen Marshall, ofs

[quote="Kathleen777, post:3, topic:303060"]
New posting today on the Familia Jacopa blog:

familiajacopa.wordpress.com/

These new communities are forming for widows and single women of any age who desire a Franciscan life as a Third Order Secular and member of the new community (Familia Jacopa) or as a religious Sister taking vows and living in community (Sororum Jacopa) in Steubenville, Ohio.

Pax et bonum,
Kathleen Marshall, ofs

[/quote]

Will divorced women be able to take part?

Yes, if you are a baptized Catholic that has had First Communion and Confirmation and after being married and divorced with a Catholic Church approved annulment; you can become a member or Familia Jacopa. Please email me with any specific questions at: [email]familiajacopa@yahoo.com[/email]

God Bless You,
Kathleen

[quote="Kathleen777, post:5, topic:303060"]
Yes, if you are a baptized Catholic that has had First Communion and Confirmation and after being married and divorced with a Catholic Church approved annulment; you can become a member or Familia Jacopa. Please email me with any specific questions at: [email]familiajacopa@yahoo.com[/email]

God Bless You,
Kathleen

[/quote]

Thank you. Why would a divorced woman need an annulment to be a member?

The lay community Familia Jacopa is being formed for widows and single women. If they are now single after being married with a Catholic Church Annulment that is fine, they may apply. If they have been married in the Catholic Church and have a civil law divorce only, then they are still sacramentaly married and are not single. That would make a women unable to join. Please email me personally if you need more answers. Email: [email]familiajacopa@yahoo.com[/email]

Pax et Bonum,

Kathleen

The Family of Jacopa has Diocesan approval to beginning forming and living the religious life in Steubenville, Ohio. I continue to speak with interested women who either want to join the Family of Jacopa Seculars and live in their own homes and women who want to be consecrated Sisters of Jacopa and live together in community (wearing a habit). I believe that there will be a "Come and See" visit in September 2013.
This new Franciscan community is for Catholic widows and single women over 40 yrs. old. Please see our website" www.familyjacopa.com and our blog on WordPress. You may contact me at 740-275-6168 or email: [email]familyjacopa@yahoo.com[/email]
Pax et Bonum,
Kathleen Marshall, OFS
(Foundress)

Congratulations!

"Come and See" weekend September 13 - 15, 2013 in Steubenville, Ohio. Please call 740-275-6168 as soon as possible.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.