Families sue Illinois school district over transgender bathroom case

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Dozens of families on Wednesday sued two federal agencies and a suburban Chicago school district over a policy they said disregards student privacy and safety by allowing transgender students to use bathrooms that correspond with their gender identity.
Fifty-one families in the Palatine, Illinois, area sued the U.S. Department of Education, the U.S. Justice Department and Township High School District 211 for agreeing last December to provide a changing area in the girls’ locker room for transgender students.

That deal stemmed from a complaint filed in 2013 by the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois on behalf of a transgender student who was born male and identifies as female.

yahoo.com/news/families-sue-illinois-school-district-over-transgender-bathroom-200638894.html

We live in amazing and unbelievable times. Supposedly the “legal basis” for Roe vs. Wade was the “right to privacy” the Supreme Court “found” in the Constitution. So as I understand it, there is a “right to privacy” that allows mothers to kill their unborn children, but 10 year old girls DON’T have a “right to privacy” from males in a bathroom or locker room? Am I understanding this current insanity right?

You are definitely on to something, but I am not sure anyone can understand the current insanity, unless you agree with Justice Anthony Kennedy that that basis of liberty is to define your own reality. Justice Scalia just did a triple roll in his grave.:shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.