Family and Abortion

We just found out my 15 year old cousin is pregnant…please pray for her and the child…and her Grandma and some other members of the family want her to have an abortion. I was one of few that advocated having the child. She is NOT having an abortion, but people are mad at me and blaming me. Now, I am not really too concerned becuase I may have helped save a life, but how should I feel about my family hating me. However, I will not deny the Truth so they will not get me to recant. Also, some of them are Catholic and one is considering Catholicism, and both oppose my words.

Any comments?

DU

snowman10]We just found out my 15 year old cousin is pregnant…please pray for her and the child…and her Grandma and some other members of the family want her to have an abortion. I was one of few that advocated having the child. She is NOT having an abortion, but people are mad at me and blaming me. Now, I am not really too concerned becuase I may have helped save a life, but how should I feel about my family hating me. However, I will not deny the Truth so they will not get me to recant. Also, some of them are Catholic and one is considering Catholicism, and both oppose my words.

Any comments?

stick to you guns/conscience… you have the support of myself and several others here… be there for your cousin and the one soon to be a “once removed” cousin… peace:thumbsup:

do not be afraid… there is strength in numbers…

You did the right thing and that’s not often a popular thing to do. Be there for your cousin. We’ll be praying along with you.

I would also like to suggest that she seriously consider adoption for her baby. It’s a hard decision, but there are so many families who want children and are unable to have them.

Pray hard for your family members who aren’t yet prolife, and remember that Christians are persecuted for doing the right thing. I applaud you!

my Mother my Confidence,
Corinne

I’m very sorry. That must be a tough position to be in, but you are playing a very important role in saving that baby’s life and in saving your cousin from making a grievous mistake. Christ said that to follow Him would expose us to persecution. We tend to think of persecution like being fed to the lions or martyred like the early Christians. In the US today, it’s more like what you’re experiencing. You’re doing great, pray for yourself, your relatives and your cousin. Hang in there.

God bless you for your support of this young lady’s decision to choose life! You & she–& the rest of the family are in my prayers!!

Once that baby is born, is given a name, and the family gets to ooh and ahhh over him/her…you will no longer be hated.
Just keep a low profile over the next several months :wink:

Hey DU,
You are in my prayers along with the mother and child. Thank you for standing up for the little one and the mother as well. If the 15 year-old cannot handle the child, adoption is an option, but hopefully, the family will come arond when they see the baby. You are a tremendous witness to your family, and I am sure you are planting seeds that only God can forsee whether and how they will sprout. May God Bless you, the mother and the child with Grace to live in Love through Justice and Mercy. Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=snowman10]She is NOT having an abortion,

DU
[/quote]

Not to rain on the excellent thing you did defending life, but how sure is this? That is, pregnancy can really cause conflicting emotions. Add pressure from others, and the devil prowling about like a lion looking for someone to devour, and I would be worried until the baby actually made it out of the womb. In other words, don’t worry so much about the family being annoyed with you (they’ll get over it), worry instead about people undermining her decision.

Scott

[quote=snowman10]We just found out my 15 year old cousin is pregnant…please pray for her and the child…and her Grandma and some other members of the family want her to have an abortion. I was one of few that advocated having the child. She is NOT having an abortion, but people are mad at me and blaming me. Now, I am not really too concerned becuase I may have helped save a life, but how should I feel about my family hating me. However, I will not deny the Truth so they will not get me to recant. Also, some of them are Catholic and one is considering Catholicism, and both oppose my words.

Any comments?

DU
[/quote]

You will have this problem only a short time. After the child is born, no one will want it dead!

Your problem then will be in finding ways NOT to say, “This beautiful child is alive because I interceded.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.