Family Bible Studies

I have to admit, as a Catholic I'm not as solid in my faith and understanding as I should be. I believe it was St. Jerome who said to be ignorant of the Scriptures is to be ignorant of Christ. Well, long story short is although I'm exposed to the Word at Mass, I'm not as knowledgeable as I would like to be and want to end this cycle for my family.

I'm coming to ask for help in finding a good family Bible study to participate with my family including younger children (7&8 years of age) so we can all come into a better loving relationship with Christ Jesus.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated and God Bless.

I don't have any specific "programs" to share...
But you can start off very simply by reading the DAILY Mass readings as a family.

Over a year ago I started listening to the daily readings on my phone on the way to work... it's been a wonderful exposure to Scripture - for me, at least!

Here's the link... you can click on "audio" to hear them read, or click "text" to read them yourself...
nccbuscc.org/nab/

Check out the YouCat. It is a Catechism for the youth. It still may be a little old for your children however I think there is a study guide associate with it as well that would also assist you with your bible reading. I haven't read it but it may be appropriate to thumb through.

Also, for your kids check out the Catholic Bible Story Workbook -- I haven't read this either though.

They synopsis is as follows:

Using word searches, fill in the blanks, crossword puzzles, scrambled letters, true or false questions, and other fun methods, The Catholic Bible Workbook brings alive 31 of the most popular Old and New Testament stories. Ideal for class instruction or home, each bible story has a 2-page Bible story and a 2-page worksheet to reinforce the key concepts. A booklet is included with a teacher answer key and activities/crafts/instructional ideas. Paperback.

I used to read children's Bible stories with my children when they were young. We always had story and prayer time before bed, so I just added another story. They liked it because they got an extra story, and I loved it because they got early exposure to the Bible. You'd be surprised how much I learned from childrens' bible stories. My children are grown now, so I'm not familiar with what's out there, but I'm sure if you search online you can find some; or if you have a religious goods store that has Catholic as well as Protestant things

I found this site on the internet. It looks like it has some good choices..

catholicbiblesource.com/site/1319755/page/527875

[quote="JFCalvert, post:1, topic:251603"]
I have to admit, as a Catholic I'm not as solid in my faith and understanding as I should be. I believe it was St. Jerome who said to be ignorant of the Scriptures is to be ignorant of Christ. Well, long story short is although I'm exposed to the Word at Mass, I'm not as knowledgeable as I would like to be and want to end this cycle for my family.

I'm coming to ask for help in finding a good family Bible study to participate with my family including younger children (7&8 years of age) so we can all come into a better loving relationship with Christ Jesus.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated and God Bless.

[/quote]

You may want to check out the Come and See Bible study series. It's designed for familes to do together.

emmausroad.org/Come-and-See-KIDS-C533.aspx

Also, the Great Adventure Bible study program has a new version for kids. I have done the adult and teen studies and highly recommend them.

biblestudyforcatholics.com/catholic-bible/study-information/61/adventure-kids-fun-learning-emily

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.