Family Consecration!

My family and I just went through the family consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary, as led by my dad, and none of my family (except myself) is catholic. I randomly got the image, blessed by a priest of the two hearts and directions as to what to do and so we went through with it. My family felt pretty awkward but it was amazing. It was kinda strange though because one of the cats was laying next to my brother and he said that she started getting so hot that my brother had to push her away. I also started getting really hot, as well as my mom and dad. I don't know what it meant, if anything at all, but similar things have happened to me before. One question I do have though is if we are supposed to renew the consecration weekly or not.

Ryan, certainly pray the consecration prayers each week yourself, but as your family isn't Catholic you may need to be sensitive in how you handle that.
Extraordinary that they allowed and partook in the consecration at all!
You Dad led it? Then perhaps you should speak to him.

It is a fact though that the blessed Mother only asked for the consecration of Russia as a one-off event.
However you could, if the family wished, say a short prayer together each week.
Above all continue to pray yourself of course.
May God continue to bless your family

Yeah, I was very surprised my dad went through with it as well! But then next day my dad yelled at me about it and had me take the picture down. So that didn’t really work as much as I thought it had. I’ll definitely keep praying for him though and doing the prayers on my own.

Well, perhaps you can keep the picture in your room and pray for the family, the Lord will bless you for that. Even though he yelled about it the next day, it was good that you asked him to do it and he did.
With prayers, the Holy Spirit can work on him!

[quote="Dorothy, post:4, topic:253866"]
Well, perhaps you can keep the picture in your room and pray for the family, the Lord will bless you for that. Even though he yelled about it the next day, it was good that you asked him to do it and he did.
With prayers, the Holy Spirit can work on him!

[/quote]

Yeah, I made a little set up in my room for it. It's strange because ever since I've had the pictures in my room my prayer life has increased immensely and I've felt closer to God's heart than I ever have in my entire life.

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.