Family issues

Please pray for me and my brother. Were are beginning our RCIA classes tomorrow but our parents, especially our father are very opposed. He feels like we're turning our back on the frreedom of the faith we were raised in (evangelical) in favor of the shakles of Catholic religion (his words).

We've both tried to talk to him about it but he's being rather emotional and unrational right now so arguments don't really mean much. I decided to become catholic because of my research on church history and the church fathers. He feels my research is flawed since I believe that the catholic church knows more about itself than protestants do.

"Look at all the ex-catholics at our church" he says.

Prayers and advice would be really helpful

~~Kyle

I pray that you and your brother continue to follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit to join the Catholic Church, and I pray that you both pray for your father. May your happiness, your good examples and your prayers for him one day move his heart to accept you and your brother and your conversion to Catholicism. Maybe he’ll never come to accept Catholicism, but he’ll eventually come to accept you and your brother for who you are, by your persisitent prayers for him. Peace, and congratulations on beginning RCIA!

God bless you and your brother in your courage and faith!
Lords please give them grace to persevere and to grow ever deeper in faith.

Jesus please comfort their Dad who feels helpless and disappointed before his children’s choices, as so many parents are when their loved children make life and faith choices different to their own. Please help the families of the siblings come to accept and respect their children’s choices, as we parent must.

Praying for Kyle and bro. and RCIA sponsors/team

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying.

Thank you all for the support of your prayers. Mass today was beautiful and We were able to attend our first RCIA class. And thus far no problems for our parents for being out of the house all morning. Please continue to pray for my brother and me and our parents to help us through this difficult period.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Praying for you and your brother ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.