Family Lent ideas--I need some help

I heard a great lenten practice on Dr. Ray’s program once and I wrote it down, but now I can’t find it. A woman called in and told what her family did. All I can remember is that on Mondays the family drank water, no pop or juice or anything. Tuesdays it was no electronics, meaning no TV, no gameboys. I can’t remember the rest of it. Oh, I think there was Family Friday, too. I know there was something for every day of the week, Monday through Friday. Can someone help me? I thought it was a wonderful family thing and wanted to use it this year.

Other ideas would be greatly appreciated, too. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Cindy

Sorry I missed this one. Sounds like a great idea. How about coming up with some of your own ideas for Wed - Fri? Maybe have a bible study one night for an hour or so… or working at a shelter dishing out dinner, or at some other charity?

I might have to discuss this with my family tonght when I get home…

Any other ideas out there?

B’sD

Cindy-- try emailing dr ray. I’m sure he’d be happy to share his Lenten ideas with all. I don’t have his email address but I’m sure you can bring it up.

I heard that one, too and we incorporated a version of that in our family (this is our version, not the one from Dr. Ray)

Mercy Monday - we pray the Divine Mercy chaplet together as a family

TV Tuesday - we stay away from TV, video games, and computer time unless work makes computer necessary and substitue family game or reading

Water Wednesday - we drink only water and remember the poor who cannot afford food or drink

TV Thursday - same as Tuesday

Stations Friday - we go to the Stations of the Cross on Fridays

Stewardship Saturday - we do an extra time/talent/treasure for our family/church/community

Celebration Sunday - our day to celebrate our “mini-Easter” time.

I think an “electronic lockdown” - no TV, video games, etc. - would be good for the whole 40 days. But that’s just me :slight_smile:

[quote=Suse]I heard that one, too and we incorporated a version of that in our family (this is our version, not the one from Dr. Ray)

TV Tuesday - we stay away from TV, video games, and computer time unless work makes computer necessary and substitue family game or reading

Water Wednesday - we drink only water and remember the poor who cannot afford food or drink

Stewardship Saturday - we do an extra time/talent/treasure for our family/church/community

[/quote]

Sounds great … I gotta write this down.

[quote=Suse]I heard that one, too and we incorporated a version of that in our family (this is our version, not the one from Dr. Ray)

[/quote]

Wonderful! I knew you all would help me out.
I am writing these down and putting them on the bulletin board right now. :smiley:

Thanks,
Cindy

Here’s something to do on Holy Saturday.
[font=Tahoma]Resurrection Cookies[/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=2]mommysavers.com/Recipes/resurrection_cookies.htm
[/font][/size]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.