Family Says No Tip For Server Being Gay Was A Hoax

http://localtvwreg.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/no-tip-3.jpg?w=558

Posted on: 11:20 am, November 26, 2013, by George Brown

(Bridgewater, NJ) A family says a receipt showing they did not tip a waitress because she is gay was a fake and they can prove it.

Dayna Morales, a former Marine and a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, posted a photo on Facebook earlier this month, showing the bill with a line through the space for a tip.

The photo of the receipt showed someone had written, “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle.”

Morales indicated in her Facebook post and to media the customer wrote the note.

The family however contacted WNBC-TV claiming their receipt from the restaurant shows they did leave a tip, and provided what they said was a credit card statement as proof.

The receipt shows an $18 tip on the total of $93.55.

The wife says she is left-handed and could not have made the slash in the tip line, which she said looks to be drawn from the right.

The husband told WNBC-TV he and his wife have both worked in restaurants, believe in the value of tipping, and noted that he didn’t vote for Gov. Chris Christie because the governor doesn’t support gay marriage.

The waitress told WNBC-TV she was certain she did not receive a tip, and insisted the handwriting on the receipt was not hers.

Source

Here's a good related article:
Crying Wolf and the Assault on Liberty

According to those on the Left, America is a hopelessly “homophobic” nation (coining a neologistic nonsense word in the process) where radical religious Righters are hiding behind trees just waiting to beat up or kill gays. Homosexuals are widely assumed to be victims who have to look over their shoulders in fear everywhere they go. This is supported by a number of highly-publicized attacks in which gays have been cast as the victims of hate crimes.

The problem with all of this is that, in many, many of these cases, the “hate crimes” end up being nothing more than complete and utter fabrications, hoaxes designed to create sympathy for gays that can be translated into political capital to spend in advancing their agenda. In other words, the “gay rights” movement, like the rest of social liberalism, is built on a foundation of dishonesty.

:shrug:

I questioned whether or not this (or the other incident) actually happened on a secular message board I post on. I said I had a bad feeling that the server did it because she knew that people would take up collections for her to make up for the big bad mean Christians who persecuted her.

I got called everything but a child of God.

[quote="Ragamuffingirl, post:4, topic:346464"]
I questioned whether or not this (or the other incident) actually happened on a secular message board I post on. I said I had a bad feeling that the server did it because she knew that people would take up collections for her to make up for the big bad mean Christians who persecuted her.

[/quote]

And Christians don't have to make up a persecution hoax. I've never heard of even one example of a persecution hoax ever happening with a Christian. That's because there are plenty of real persecutions happening against Christians especially in Muslin and Communist countries where Christians are being killed and/or imprisoned just for a being Christian. Although Christians in the West aren't being physically killed yet we are persecuted in how we are being vilified and called all kinds of names for following Jesus instead of following the world. Jesus addressed this form of persecution when he said, "Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account." (Matt. 5:11)

I'm just tired of hearing about all these receipt stories in the American media.

I'm really upset about this because there are many who are treated poorly and abused in service and hospitality jobs. All it takes is ONE hoax and people downplay the very real abuse that happens.

These cases just keep popping up all over the place it seems. Honestly it seems like a get rich quick scheme to me. The servers seem to all get a good amount of donations afterwards. If it’s not about gay bashing it is about race it seems. I don’t condone any type of hate against anyone for any reason, but I highly suspect these claims to be false at least the majority of the time.

There has been a lot more than just one. There is a list of other anti-gay hoax examples in the article in post #2 of this thread. And the article came out October 29, 2013 before this one became exposed as a hoax. From the article:

This is not surprising. Indeed, in recent years, America has seen a rash of “hate crimes” committed against homosexuals…which have subsequently turned out to be hoaxes, often perpetrated by the supposed “victim” him or herself. This has happened with a number of high-profile cases of “homophobic hate crimes” – once the police start investigating, the claim starts to fall apart.

Earlier this year, University of Wyoming student Meg Lanker-Simons, an outspoken campus advocate for gays and feminism, faked a hateful, rape-threatening post to her own Facebook page. Police investigation tracked the post back to her own computer.

In August of 2012, a gay man in Missoula, Montana, claimed to have been beaten up by three men because he was gay. Subsequent investigation turned up a video of the man, apparently drunk, doing a back flip on a paved street and hitting his own face on the pavement.

In May of 2012, a lesbian couple in Colorado woke up to find “Kill the Gay” spray-painted on their home and a noose hanging at their door. The FBI and local officials later determined that they had done these things themselves.

In 2012, former University of Nebraska women’s basketball star Charlie Rogers was caught faking a violent anti-gay attack in her home.

In 2011, a freshman at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill falsely claimed that he was approached by a man who called him an anti-gay slur and pressed a piece of hot metal onto his wrist. Campus police investigation indicated that he had made up the incident.

In 2005, a lesbian student at Tamalpais High School (California) vandalized her own car and spray painted anti-gay slurs on the walls at her school, and was caught after she filed false police reports.

In 2004, an Independence, Missouri man claimed he was attacked by knife-wielding assailants who branded him and carved an anti-gay slur into his forehead. He later admitted to making up the story when police pointed out that the word had been carved backwards, indicating he had done it himself while looking in a mirror.

In 2002, a gay student at the College of New Jersey was arrested after sending himself a series of false death threats and reporting it to the police.

As far back as October on 1998, a lesbian student at St. Cloud State University claimed she was assaulted by two men who shouted anti-gay slurs at her, punched her, and carved her chest. After being presented by police with a number of inconsistencies in her story, she admitted to falsifying her police report.

These are just the tip of the iceberg with respect to fake hate crimes that left-wingers have perpetrated themselves to try to gin up sympathy for various aspects of the cultural Left agenda. Apparently Oberlin College, a liberal arts school (with emphasis on the “liberal”) in Ohio, is especially notorious for the number of students, and even professors, who have faked hate crimes of various sorts (anti-gay as well as others).

Read more

If the server made this up, then she could find herself in trouble for slander.

It would be a shame if she lied, but it would be a shame if the family was guilty of this. No one can say for sure. We may never know. If she did lie, she has accomplished nothing but to re-enforce peoples fear of the "Gay Rights Movement" and their mistrust of others who may be openly gay or homosexual.

Gender identification issues aside, I have never understood why people come up with such lies in the first place. It is pathetic regardless.

This is already a thread here:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=840431

Also, considering the omitted fact from your OP that the manager claims the receipt the waitress posted was real, it has been theorized that the manager tried to cheat the waitress out of her tip. I would definitely believe that theory before attacking a Marine for slander. To be honest though, we may never know whether it was both members or just the manager who committed the lie here.

[quote="SMGS127, post:11, topic:346464"]
Also, considering the omitted fact from your OP that the manager claims the receipt the waitress posted was real, it has been theorized that the manager tried to cheat the waitress out of her tip. I would definitely believe that theory before attacking a Marine for slander. To be honest though, we may never know whether it was both members or just the manager who committed the lie here.

[/quote]

Your theory seems to contradict itself. The manager is guilty of setting her up but is sticking up for her story? Can you explain why these kinds of anti-gay hoaxes are common?

[quote="livingwordunity, post:12, topic:346464"]
Your theories ignore the actual evidence. And you have passed a judgment just as much as I have.

[/quote]

The actual evidence:

a) The family shows a CREDIT CARD statement showing they paid with tip and also claims to be pro-gay "marriage."

b) In response, the server and the manager claim the receipt the server posted was real.

c) The manager refuses to release the receipt or any other evidence to the media to back up his claim.

So who is acting shady here? A family showing a credit card statement, a Marine who donated away almost all the money that was given to her, or the manager who won't produce any evidence at all but claims the server posted an actual receipt?

[quote="SMGS127, post:13, topic:346464"]
The actual evidence:

a) The family shows a CREDIT CARD statement showing they paid with tip and also claims to be pro-gay "marriage."

b) In response, the server and the manager claim the receipt the server posted was real.

c) The manager refuses to release the receipt or any other evidence to the media to back up his claim.

So who is acting shady here? A family showing a credit card statement, a Marine who donated away almost all the money that was given to her, or the manager who won't produce any evidence at all but claims the server posted an actual receipt?

[/quote]

The news sources I've seen, which include CNN, say that the restaurant management is investigating it. How does investigation of it equal guilt? Investigation isn't a crime. In fact, it's what I would expect any employer to do. Where are you getting your theory of the management being guilty? And can you explain why these kinds of anti-gay hoaxes are common?

[quote="livingwordunity, post:14, topic:346464"]
The news sources I've seen, which include CNN, say that the restaurant management is investigating it. How does investigation of it equal guilt? Investigation isn't a crime. In fact, it's what I would expect any employer to do. Where are you getting your theory of the management being guilty? And can you explain why these kinds of anti-gay hoaxes are common?

[/quote]

nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Gay-Server-Tip-Lifestyle-Receipt-Discrepancy-233040811.html

A manager and the restaurant owner insisted they had the original ticket for the $93.55 charge, but would not produce the receipt for NBC 4 New York and could not explain why the family's credit card was charged for more.

And "common." You mean 8 examples in the last 15 years? How is that, by any means, "common?" Compare that to the rate of pretty much any other crime ever, including the brutal murders of LGBT teenagers, and that's a pitiful rate. Nowhere even remotely near common.

[quote="SMGS127, post:15, topic:346464"]
And "common." You mean 8 examples in the last 15 years? How is that, by any means, "common?" Compare that to the rate of pretty much any other crime ever, including the brutal murders of LGBT teenagers, and that's a pitiful rate. Nowhere even remotely near common.

[/quote]

Anti-gay persecution hoaxes are common compared to persecution hoaxes perpetrated zero times by Christians in 2,000 years.

[quote="SuperLuigi, post:6, topic:346464"]
I'm just tired of hearing about all these receipt stories in the American media.

[/quote]

Now that we have Facebook and Twitter, everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame. I do suspect the server of perpetuating the hoax, not so much to get money but to get (unjustified) sympathy for her cause.

Here's the reality gay people, 99.999% of Americans do not give a rat's patooty what you do in bed. We don't want to hear about it, think about it or be accused of a hate crime. I am not more interested in a heterosexual wait staff's sex life either.

One of the most articulate posts regarding the "gays in your face" phenomenon is that the behavior is disordered and part of this disorder is the desire to be assured that the behavior is not disordered. Hence the gay pride parades, the lesbian who made an issue of her sex life and then tried to force a priest to give her Communion. This woman seems like someone looking for attention and to be affirmed in her sexual choices. Yuck..this is not what I want to think about when having dinner in a nice restaurant.

That's what I'm sick of as well. Keep it in your pants and don't make it an issue in a part of your life where it is irrelevant.

Lisa

He said, she said...and people are taking sides because....?

[quote="Ragamuffingirl, post:4, topic:346464"]

[/quote]

Oh you, you,... CHILD OF GOD, you!!:(

Hope that helps.

[quote="seekerz, post:18, topic:346464"]
He said, she said...and people are taking sides because....?

[/quote]

Well, it is actually he said, she said, and he then produced a receipt to back up what he said.

People care because Christians and especially Catholic have been targeted as bigots and homophobes for far too long. Since this sort of thing simply feeds that myth, it resonates with people. It does a disservice to our faith, hence why we care.

Society needs to address real abuses and persecution, not made up ones.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.