Family situation

My parents are Baptists. Both sides of the family have been Baptists for over a hundred years. It seems like such a personal rejection to tell them that I want to go to Mass and become Catholic. Please pray that I will have the courage to face them , and as diplomatically as possible, and that they will except it without hurt. In my heart I have been Catholic many years now. But I wilt before my parents. They love me and I love them, so it actually makes it far harder.

Lord, grant Kesa the love she needs to lead her family to You. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Mother Mary please pray with us for Kessa and everyone else in the same situation.

Amen.

Dear Lord, help this good woman find the courage and the choicest words to approach her family about her desire to become a Catholic. May they accept her news lovingly, even if they still would prefer her to remain a Baptist like them. Thank you for bringing her to the fold of your Catholic Church by her desire put in her heart by none other than You. May she not worry too much over her parents reactions but just be brave and approach them soon and accept whatever response comes her way. May she know that other people like St. Benedicta of the Cross (former Jewish Edith Stein) who told their parent(s) that they wanted to become Catholic did not receive approval, but lived a very holy and happy life in the Church. Maybe her parents response will be her cross, but let her carry it if it comes to her with all patience and love for You. May she then offer up her sufferings for their souls and the conversion of souls in general to you Kingdom. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Holding you in my prayers.

Kesa, Pope John the 23rd used to send his guardian angel ahead to negociate when he felt an encounter would be difficult. I wonder if you might ask your guardian angel? I pray that the Holy Spirit will give the means to lovingly tell your parents, and to lead them to the grace of trusting that He is guiding you.
You are amazing!

God bless you Kesa …
You are in my prayer

Praying with a Bible verse from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Afternoon reading 1 Peter 5:10-11 ©
You will have to suffer only for a little while: the God of all grace who called you to eternal glory in Christ will see that all is well again: he will confirm, strengthen and support you. His power lasts for ever and ever. Amen.

“… praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding to live in a manner worthy of the Lord, so as to be fully pleasing, in every good work bearing fruit and growing in the knowledge of God, strengthened with every power, in accord with his glorious might, for all endurance and patience …” Colossians 1:9-11

That you may have strength, courage, and boldness in the Lord-

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

its hard when in a situation, the people who are against is your own family…even i am not in ur shoes, i know how it feels…i will pray for you that may your family understand and accept what you want to believe in and not oblige you to be in a religion that you dont want to be in…because being in a religion (whether Catholic or Baptist or whatever…) requires faith and desire…

just hold on and the Lord will help you…

God bless you and just believe that everything’s gonna be alright…

noodles

Hail Mary, Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

O Lady of Mental Peace, Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon me in this my time of weakness and unrest. Teach my searching heart to know that God’s love for me is unchanging and unchangeable; and, that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His love. Let your gentle peace, which this world cannot give, be always with me, and help me to bring this same peace into the lives of others. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for me!

Thank you all for your prayers ! My worries turned out to be nothing. They did not object, and I went to mass. Next step, RCIA. :thumbsup:

Thank you Lord Jesus for answering our prayers.

Good news Kesa …
God bless

Wonderful!Thank You, our God!
May God continue to bless you on your journey. Kesa.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.