Family Torn Apart

Hello everyone. I am a registered member of Catholic Answers, but have not posted before. I come from a large family of 10. Mother, Father and eight children. I am 61 and my Father passed away in 2006. Since he passed our Family has exploded, and became combative and vengeful toward each other. One Sibling has been hurt so bad, that the Family will never come together without Gods intervention. I am so tired and so bewildered. I know that my Dad is so Sad. I pray to God for him and for his guidance. In what I have witnessed thru my own family, I see all the signs of the end times in them and in our world thru the corruption, self centeredness, love of money, disobedience and disrespect for parents etc.

thanks for listening
Jackkie

On a tv show called "dead like Me" the "dad" character tells the girl
"The death of a child dosnt kill a marriage, it only puts the final nail in a dying one."

in short, good families dont just fall apart. Death only exaspernates problems already there.

And in family life the only "one instance" things that are truly unforgivable are physical blows, sexual encounters and murder. Money is replacable and things are only stuff.

It is painful when arguing tears a family apart. I pray that God's love will heal the divisions in your family. I pray that God will bring you all back together so you can have peace and unity which would honor of your father who passed away. Put aside your differences and see the beauty in each others. God bless you and your family.

Prayers for you Jackkie. I have been praying this Novena to the Holy Family and it realy helps.

ewtn.com/devotionals/novena/HolyFamily.htm

[quote="Jackkie, post:1, topic:230078"]
Hello everyone. I am a registered member of Catholic Answers, but have not posted before. I come from a large family of 10. Mother, Father and eight children. I am 61 and my Father passed away in 2006. Since he passed our Family has exploded, and became combative and vengeful toward each other. One Sibling has been hurt so bad, that the Family will never come together without Gods intervention. I am so tired and so bewildered. I know that my Dad is so Sad. I pray to God for him and for his guidance. In what I have witnessed thru my own family, I see all the signs of the end times in them and in our world thru the corruption, self centeredness, love of money, disobedience and disrespect for parents etc.

thanks for listening
Jackkie

[/quote]

Is there an estate involved? I have seen so many families go crazy when the parent passes away - it is as though all the hurts ever suffered by anyone come up and are black with pain and anger...Some people fight over money and possessions when what they always wanted was love and acceptance...And when a parent dies, the children know that they are next in line...there is no one ahead of them now...it's a strange feeling...If the parent pitted the children against one another when they were young, all those rivalries come out and can be even nastier when the parent is gone.

I feel for you and I hope things get better. I will pray for your family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.