Farrakhan Demands Reparations from Jews

danielpipes.org/rr/2010-06-24-farrakhan-letter.pdf

Daniel Pipes:
*"Louis Farrakhan recently sent a three-page letter along with two books to the heads of sixteen Jewish organizations.

Dated June 24, 2010, the letter is resplendent with a crescent-and-moon flag and Farrakhan's impressive-sounding title ("National Representative of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and the Nation of Islam"). In it, he announces that the books (volume two of The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews and Jews Selling Blacks: Slave Trade by American Jews) present

an undeniable record of Jewish anti-Black behavior, starting with the horror of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, plantation slavery, Jim Crow, sharecropping, the labor movement of the North and South, the unions and the misuse of our people that continues to this very moment.

Farrakhan challenges the recipients of his letter – who range politically from Jeremy Ben-Ami (of J-Street) to Lee Rosenberg (of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee) to Morton Klein (of the Zionist Organization of America) –

to find one act committed by me or those who follow me that has injured one Jewish person, stopped Jews from doing business, hindered their education, injured their families, sullied or desecrated their synagogues."*

danielpipes.org/8616/farrakhan-demands-reparations-from-jews

Is Louis Farrakhan alone among American blacks in thinking that Jews are especially to be held to account for paying reparations to america's current black population?

Exactly what kind of a demographic does this kind of thinking represent?

And what do other Muslims think of this kind of representation of their religion? How might we know?

Not a news article

[quote="Darryl1958, post:2, topic:205169"]
Is Louis Farrakhan alone among American blacks in thinking that Jews are especially to be held to account for paying reparations to america's current black population?

[/quote]

Not alone, but certainly in a very small minority.

And what do other Muslims think of this kind of representation of their religion? How might we know?

I know that the "Nation of Islam" is not Islam, and not even Islam-Lite, but the invention of one Wallace Muhammad in July 1930. It is wholly focused on black people and does not have outreach to non-blacks. Islam itself is not racial. Real Muslims do not consider the Nation to be Islamic, but an American cult that has adopted Islamic language and terms. The Nation does not have the same concept of God that Islam does, among other theological differences.

If he is demanding reparations for the slave trade, then perhaps he should demand that payment from various African nations since fellow Africans often sold their brethren into slavery.

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:4, topic:205169"]

Not alone, but certainly in a very small minority.

Did not the NOI Farrakhan lead lead a million man march into Washington at one time though?
And why do the Pfleggers and the Wright's of the world still publicly appear with the guy, if he is the black equivalent of the KKK?
It is not as if some Catholics in CAF do not defend these two to the hilt, and yet these same people are a threesome on the same stage?
when even the current president of the united states was a long-standing member of the church of the friends of Farrakhan, it becomes a real source of wonderment as to what kind of influence these ideas have in America. NOI may not have a lot of members, but its leader sure seems to be prominent enough.

mediaite.com/tv/louis-farrakhan-rev-jeremiah-wright-and-a-catholic-priest-walk-into-a-benefit/

What is that all about anyways?

I know that the "Nation of Islam" is not Islam, and not even Islam-Lite, but the invention of one Wallace Muhammad in July 1930. It is wholly focused on black people and does not have outreach to non-blacks. Islam itself is not racial. Real Muslims do not consider the Nation to be Islamic, but an American cult that has adopted Islamic language and terms. The Nation does not have the same concept of God that Islam does, among other theological differences.

Well, NOI is not mainstream Islam for sure. I can appreciate that. I would have a hard time defining who is a real Muslim and who is a pretend Muslim though.

Still, I can remember a Jesse Jackson, prominent enough to make a presidential bid, referring to Jews as some expletive that may be against the CAF rules to repeat.

It would be easy to write NOI and Farrakhan off as about as relevant to American society as Westboro Baptist or Aryan Nations, but images of a million man march are unsettling, to say the least.

[/quote]

Reparations for what?! How has he suffered? Asking for Reparations for something that happened 150 years ago is stupid. Asking it from Jews is just ludicrous.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.