Fatal Shooting at Mosque in Quebec

CNN reports that there has been a shooting at a mosque in Quebec, Canada.

cnn.com/2017/01/29/americas/quebec-mosque-shooting/

The CBC reports that there are five dead:

cnbc.com/2017/01/29/5-dead-in-quebec-city-mosque-shooting-mosque-president.html

Other news sources say that two men have been arrested, one of whom is reported to have a Quebecois name.

God help us, this is terrible. The world is falling apart.

Look what the shooters have reported to have said:

“It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, ‘Allahu akbar!’ The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head,” said the witness.

cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-gun-shots-1.3957686

Canadian PM Trudeau called the Quebec City mosque shooting a “terrorist attack on Muslims”, saying “Muslim-Canadians are an important part of our national fabric, and these senseless acts have no place in our communities, cities and country.”

In the U.S., the NYPD said in a statement that officers have been told to give “special attention” to mosques in the area. Police said they were monitoring the situation in Quebec.

foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/at-least-five-killed-in-shooting-at-quebec-city-mosque.html

This is the same mosque that had a pig head left on the premises, if I’m not wrong.

Praying for the lives lost :frowning:

May the Lord show mercy. Prayers for the dead and all who grieve today.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

The evil spreads.

Another article on the tragic event.
May God ave mercy.

theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec-city-mosque-shooting-sainte-foy/article33821479/

Trump and his followers should be ashamed at what their rhetoric has birthed.

One is of Moroccan origin. News sites don’t know or mention the origin of the second shooter.

So what?

Shame on this kind of rhetoric that blames everything on trump. Shame!!!

Don’t start the blame game (blaming Trump) until details are known.

Islamophobia (???) has been around before he did anything. Trump might have encouraged people to be more explicit in their actions, but let’s not forget that this anti muslim sentiment has been around before.

What if an Muslim extremist did this? How this can be blamed on trump only shows hatred for trump, nothing more.

Remeber during the inauguration protest, it was the antitrump protestors that torched a Muslim-owned limousine. Who was to blame?

So Trump and his followers, some of whom are members of this forum, are responsible for this attack?

Absurd.

These shooters are in custody. We will soon learn more about them. Meanwhile, pray for the dead and their families. Pray, too for the conversion of sinners.

??? Why did you quote me??? :rolleyes:
I mentioned that anti muslim sentiments has been around in that area for quite some time. Simmer down

:thumbsup: that should be the focus.

this is disgusting.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.