"Father Elijah" books

Has anyone read Michael D. O Brien's "Father Elijah" books? Are they any good?

I read the first one, "Father Elijah". It was decent. I'd rate it 3.5/5 (C+)

Fr Elijah by Michael O'Brien would be probably the best fictional book I have ever read. I would give it 10 out of 10. In fact, O'Brien's children of the last day series are brilliant.

Fr Elijah is a most edifying book. My son at 15 read it and it helped him have a deeper devotion to Christ. That's pretty good for a fictional religious book.

[quote="dpgreen, post:3, topic:233154"]
Fr Elijah by Michael O'Brien would be probably the best fictional book I have ever read. I would give it 10 out of 10. In fact, O'Brien's children of the last day series are brilliant.

Fr Elijah is a most edifying book. My son at 15 read it and it helped him have a deeper devotion to Christ. That's pretty good for a fictional religious book.

[/quote]

I definitely agree. I just started re-reading Strangers and Sojourners again. Love this series.

He is a high-quality writer with a deep faith. Even most popular novelists are quickly forgotten after they stop writing. They come and go without leaving a trace at last in this way. But I think he will be read and be highly regarded for a century or two among Catholics

I read Father Elijah a couple of months ago. it was one of the best fictional books I ever read. Awesome...

[quote="dpgreen, post:3, topic:233154"]

[/quote]

I just got finished reading it and I'll give it a 10 too. It's almost uncanny but the events he writes about have an era of truth about it. Plus the things they were saying about the Pope fit our soon to be beatified Pope right on the head. I remember the media and Church people requesting that he resign. Not only did he not do that, he showed the world what redemptive suffering is.

Hello....would it be recommended that Michael O'Brien's books be read in order of when published? Would Father Elijah be first? Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.