Father John Corapi

I have heard a few of his talks and I really like this priest. His no-nonsense approach is just what we need, and I wish he would also come to Catholic Answers.

Does anybody else like the preaching of this great priest? How has Fr Corapi influenced your attitude towards Jesus and his Catholic Church?

I have been trying to locate an online version of his conversion story for some time now, but I’ve only found a condensed version on YouTube. At the present time, I don’t have the money to purchase the official version, but does someone know if there is a free online version?

Dempsey,

Check here, this is where I got the Father Corapi story CD for $1. I also recommend the Father Richards CD, he is excellent as well. Merry Christmas!

I love Father Corapi. Not only is he blessed with a powerful voice for preaching he’s blessed with the gift of cutting through the nonsense and telling it like it is, the unvarnished truth handed down from the Apostles. A real man’s man who has been there and done that and seen the light.

Here’s his website: fathercorapi.com/index.aspx

You can get his conversion story and all of his sermons there. Take the quiz for fun.

edit: oops, looks like the quiz isn’t there.

Father Corapi is one of my favorites because of his authoritive teaching and,like me,been there done that.I see your a fan of Jack Dempsey.Modern fighters,Mickey Ward,Aurturio Gotte,Oscar de la Hoya(although he was defeated last night)are also some of my favorites.They are good/great fighters and are respectful of their opponents.May our Lord make great fighters of us all(Spiritual):slight_smile:

I see your a fan of Jack Dempsey.Modern fighters,Mickey Ward,Aurturio Gotte,Oscar de la Hoya(although he was defeated last night)are also some of my favorites.They are good/great fighters and are respectful of their opponents.May our Lord make great fighters of us all(Spiritual)

Yes, I am a huge boxing fan. As you can tell from my forum name, I am a big fan of Jack Dempsey. I think he is one of the greatest heavyweight Champions of all time, but I have to admit that Joe Louis is my favourite.

Pacman put in an excellent performance last night. I tipped De La Hoya to win, figuring that his greater experience and weight advantage would be the deciding factor. However, Manny did brilliantly and showed us why he is the greatest pound for pound fighter out there at the moment. The fact that he can move up to 147 and totally dominate shows how great Pacquiao really is.

Can you post a link? Thanks!

I want to “second” the Father Larry Richards CD called “Confession.”

Also love Father John. His conversion story is amazing, but equally so is his vocation story! It is the stuff of biblical miracles (praying 1,000 prayers, having someone hand him 8 Grand to enter the seminary, which he wanted). He is a modern-day saint who, like the ancient ones, plunged into the depths of degradation, then ascended into the heights of sheer faith & trusting hope, devoid of doubt & second-guessing, and – like earlier holy people – with a single focus.

(A man’s man, yes, but someone a woman can appreciate as well, as a model of holiness that offers no excuses.):slight_smile:

catholicity.com/cds/

I too enjoy his no-nonsense, non-compromising view of Catholicism. It makes my long commutes a lot easier to handle when he’s on the radio. My wife and I recommend him to many people since, in our opinion, he’s expressing the Church as it should be and not bending it to match the whims of society.

Although the lectures on the radio are old, they strike the same cords now as if they were being given live. It’s a shame that I can’t hear his words and think, “Thank God we’ve moved on and that’s no longer a problem.” But like good soldiers, we continue the good fight against evil in our world and the salvation of souls.

He is one of my “Favs”. I watch and listen to him every chance I get. A real gift from God. We need lots more Fr. Corapi’s in the Church.

A while back I had heard that he was not well…has that health problem been resolved does anyone know? The only thing I know is that he’s not traveling as much as he used to.:shrug:

He rocks. Anything else said would do him and God injustice. :wink:

Father Corapi is a warrior for Christ. His conversion was nothing less than miraculous. And he is an outstanding example of Christian courage… which we can all aspire to.

I wish he’d drop by Catholic Answers now and then, too! He has a charism for cutting through the muck… and stating the crystal clear truth, as it should be!:thumbsup:

He’s a member of a religious order, and he lives as a hermit when he’s not on a preaching engagement. I imagine hanging out at Catholic Answers would not be consistent with his vocation!

I think he is one of the Church’s great communicators. I’ve watched him often on EWTN and purchased many of his dvd’s.

I enjoy watching him on EWTN.

I watched his homily on the Immaculate Heart and most of the time it was so hilarious that I could not stop laughing when he became serious.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.