Father now charged with 1st-degree murder of his daughter

Father now charged with 1st-degree murder of his daughter

The father of a Mississauga, Ont., Muslim teen who was killed last year has now been charged with first-degree murder.
Charges against Muhammed Parvez were upgraded from second-degree murder to first-degree murder when he appeared in court Tuesday.
The 57-year-old was arrested last December after he called police and said he had killed his 16-year-old daughter, Aqsa.
The teen’s friends said the girl and her father had been arguing about wearing a hijab, a traditional Muslim scarf that covers the head and shoulders.
The girl’s 26-year-old brother also faces charges for obstructing the police.
cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2008/06/17/muhammed-parvez.html

I am glad that this is being brought to justice! This is one time I am proud of Canada not beign worried about how the muslims’ ‘feel’…

How horrible! May justice be served.

Horrible.

But what does this have to do with the war on terror? This is a cultural/evil man issue.

I only bring it up because it was moved to the war on terror forum, and I fear it would lead people to believe that we think any muslim is a terrorist.

It is in Secular News. I made the mistake of putting it in War on Terror.:blush:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.