Father of Sandy Hook shooter, wishes son had never been born

Prayers for he, his wife and other son.

newyorker.com/reporting/2014/03/17/140317fa_fact_solomon?currentPage=1

Or if maybe his father and/or mother could have raised him in a different way this particular tragedy could have been averted. Or his psychiatrist was more clued up.

Praying for this family & for all the victims.

He didn’t see his son for 2 years? Did I read that corrdtly?

That attitude is exactly the problem.

Praying for the father, the brother, the mother, the shooter himself and all the children and teachers innocently affected.

Remember, O Most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

So easy to judge someone else on their parenting skills or lack there of; or the fact that he didn’t see his son for two years. The article stated the ex-wife told him the son did not want to see him. You could be the best parent in the world and something like this can happen. The son had a disorder. We can all play Monday morning quarterback on what should of, could of been done. In hindsight, we are all brillant.:o
This is a tragedy all the way around and it will forever scar the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives.

As a mother of a son who died at 33 due to drug addiction, you look back on your life and wish you had done this or that and your guilt is terrible…but in reality all you can do is the best that you can at the time you are doing it. I’m sure people talked behind our backs to and quesitoned how we raised him and why didn’t they get help,etc etc…you don’t know someone else life until you walk in their shoes

Peace

I feel sorry for the father. St. Joseph please pray for him. :signofcross:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Lots of things could have happened to avert this and not necessarily connected with the father. But to say it was inevitable he’d end up doing this, and so it would have been better that he was never born is to completely absolve oneself of all responsibility.

In the last few years, there have been several publications dealing with the paradox of good parenting producing “bad” children. I understand the desire to find an easy answer in this kind of situation, and as a parent I prefer to think that through my efforts, I can produce a healthy, moral child in any circumstance. But more and more this is being revealed as a problematic assumption that isn’t always rooted in reality. I’d be very leery of making any sweeping generalizations about the parenting skills of Lanza’s mom and dad.

Yes, according the article, all 8 pages of which I have read, Adam got to a point where he did not want to see his father or brother.

I wholeheartidly agree with you. :thumbsup:

I dont blame the parents for the child’s behavior or that the child was disturbed. I blame them for not getting him adequate help and or not protecting society from him.

I do not know the details of their situation, but it does appear that there were plenty of signs and help was not being administered.

Adam refusing to see his father being one of them.

As if this isn’t all sad enough, I think it’s also sad that so many people with Asberger’s are now going to be looked upon as potential killers. Even if the medical “authorities” insist that this syndrome doesn’t result in violence, it’s going to be difficult for people to believe that after this tragedy. I think any “weird” kid is going to have an even harder time now.

And to be honest, I’m kind of worried myself about this possibility. We have a nephew with Asberger’s, and I worry about him. He’s so unpredictable, and everyone makes fun of him. His parents don’t own guns, but his grandpa does.

I wish we knew more about Asberger’s and the most effective treatments.

OH please!!! This guy is pathetic, he is just saying this to get brownie points from the media, plus, why is he just now speaking out?

I bet he has some kind of book deal or something in the works.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.