Father Paul Keenan

I didn’t know where to post this - and since he was on the radio for years - thought this would be a start.

Did anyone hear about Fr. Paul Keenan, Archdiocese of New York - who passed away in June? I had a brief email exchange with him two years ago to ask about something - he was very kind in offering his advice, later referring to me on his radio show (Religion on the Line). I was no longer able to hear him since he went to satellite radio - but in trying to contact him recently, I’ve learned that he passed away…Was this discussed or mentioned anywhere here? How did he die?

Eternal Rest, grant unto his soul - and let Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen. May his soul and all the souls of the Faithful Departed (particularly all clergy), through the Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Conservative, I am sorry to hear of the passing of someone you respected and valued. I am not familiar with Fr. Keenan, but found an obituary which says he "died after collapsing June 10 outside Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan."
cny.org/obnames061908.htm

Dear Dale -
Thank you very much for that Obit - I hadn’t been able to find too much aside from the Archdiocesan and “Ask Fr. Paul Keenan” sites, which naturally had the news but no way of posting condolences. I wondered how he had died. I thought I’d heard a comment a few weeks back on the radio about a Memorial and Father Keenan’s name mentioned - but I couldn’t hear if it was FOR him or being conducted BY him. After my Mom’s passing, I was given one of his books - autographed to someone else - but now, it will be treasured, as I have his handwritring.
He will be missed. Thanks again.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.