Father, Son and The Holysprit in Islam

God reffered in Plural.

66/ Prohibition - Al-Tahrim
12. And Mary the daughter of Imran, who guarded her chastity: and We breathed into her (body) of Our Spirit; and she testified to the truth and the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).
2/ The Cow - Al-Baqarah
2:87. We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of Apostles: We gave Jesus the son of Mary clear (signs) and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit.
2:253 …to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (signs), and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. (p23)
christian-faith.com/religion/islam/koranonjesus.html

In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=selvaraj]God reffered in Plural.

66/ Prohibition - Al-Tahrim
12. And Mary the daughter of Imran, who guarded her chastity: and We breathed into her (body) of Our Spirit; and she testified to the truth and the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).
2/ The Cow - Al-Baqarah
2:87. We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of Apostles: We gave Jesus the son of Mary clear (signs) and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit.
2:253 …to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (signs), and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. (p23)
christian-faith.com/religion/islam/koranonjesus.html

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

Again you are misunderstanding the Quran and taking verses out of context.

The Quran uses the word “ruh” which has four meanings:

1. A strengthening that Allah gives the believers in the time of dificulty.

2. It is used in reference to revelation to Prophets in a lot of places in the Quran, some are 16:2 40:15 42:52

3. Its used to refer to angels or Gabriel in 2:87 5:113 19:16 Gabriel is sometimes refered to as a holy spirit which means honored spirit, not as a part of God, but as a servant of God. Sometimes it refers to him as the honest spirit.

4. The secret of life and spirituality Allah endowed humans with. Allah describes the creation of humans in general as being created endowed with a spirit of Allah, but no one can claim that they are divine because Allah blew His spirit unto him. Allah says that Jesus peace be upon him is a “ruh” from Him and not of Him.

We gave Moses the Book.

WE, means Alla not alone.

In Christ,
selvaraj

[font=Arial Black]We gave Moses the Book

[/font]

This again is a clear indication that Muhammad is just writing according to what he believes about the Jews. Not the authentic accounts of what happened in Mt. Sinai.

If you examine the words carefully, God gave Moses the 10 Commandments, not the Book. Moses never held a Book, but the Tablets of Stones containing the 10 Commandments which he then put in the Ark of the Covenant.

How truly misleading the writings of Muhammad are.

Pio

[quote=selvaraj]We gave Moses the Book.

WE, means Alla not alone.

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

This was asked on the WhyIslam forum. Here is a cut/paste of my answer:

In Hebrew, Arabic and Aramaic, the word “us” or “we” can be used to magnify a person or being. If a Chief Executive Officer of a company in the Middle East wants to say for instance “I decided to do the following…”, then he would say it “We decided to do the following…” even though he would be referring to himself only. More than 1/3 of The Holy Quran talks about Allah Almighty. Allah Almighty in numerous verses says “We” about himself. Muslims today believe in One GOD and don’t believe in Trinity. Jews also believe in One GOD and not in Trinity, even though in their Holy Books such as the Talmud, GOD refers to Himself as “We” and not “I”. It is a kind of royal language befitting God and His power.

Muhammad peace be upon him didn’t write anything because he didn’t know how to write. The words book and tablet are sometimes used interchangably in the Arabic language. Here is an example where God uses the word tablet when speaking about the book of Moses peace be upon him:

7:150 [When Moses came back to his people, angry and grieved, he said: “Evil it is that ye have done in my place in my absence: did ye make haste to bring on the judgment of your Lord?” He put down the **tablets, seized his brother by (the hair of) his head, and dragged him to him. Aaron said: “Son of my mother! the people did indeed reckon me as naught, and went near to slaying me! Make not the enemies rejoice over my misfortune, nor count thou me amongst the people of sin.”]

The holysprite is the archangle Gaberial, God has no son, so that’s the end od that

wa salam

You know I always wondered if Jesus (pbuh) was God, wouldn’t his speech in the bible be in the first person? Wouldn’t he would flat out tell me I am God worship me? And what is the point of coming to earth to die and then humanity goes on to wait for Judgment Day?

wa salam

[quote=Emad]This was asked on the WhyIslam forum. Here is a cut/paste of my answer:

In Hebrew, Arabic and Aramaic, the word “us” or “we” can be used to magnify a person or being. If a Chief Executive Officer of a company in the Middle East wants to say for instance “I decided to do the following…”, then he would say it “We decided to do the following…” even though he would be referring to himself only. More than 1/3 of The Holy Quran talks about Allah Almighty. Allah Almighty in numerous verses says “We” about himself. Muslims today believe in One GOD and don’t believe in Trinity. Jews also believe in One GOD and not in Trinity, even though in their Holy Books such as the Talmud, GOD refers to Himself as “We” and not “I”. It is a kind of royal language befitting God and His power.
[/quote]

You mean WE is singular. You Muslims, talk about your convinience and also your religion allowed to lie to protect your false religion.

In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=selvaraj]You mean WE is singular. You Muslims, talk about your convinience and also your religion allowed to lie to protect your false religion.

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

You tell me if ‘we’ is singular or not. I think we both know that it is plural and theres no need for sarcasm or attacks like this:

You Muslims, talk about your convinience and also your religion allowed to lie to protect your false religion

If you want to learn about Islam then ask. I will assume you actually want to learn something about this, and because we are talking in text I will assume your tone is being misheard by me.

The reason it says ‘we’ is because God is an entity, no one knows who or what he is. If God continually says ‘he’ then it restricts him from all the things men are restriced from. All of the different ways God is referred to in the Qur’an (there are 99 ways if I remember correctly) are to prevent anyone from restricting his powers and his being.

He is an entity, he is not restricted by time, thus it can be assumed that he is not restricted by space dimensions (height length width) either. This would mean he is infinite, while still being one, so using any number of plural or singular nouns means nothing other than he is plural and singular.

And, read Emad’s post. s/he says the other half of the reasoning, which is more historically direct.

There is no Trinity in Islam

Your God is not alone.
In fact, Islam’s creed in Arabic begins with a negative: Not is there a god except God. It contrasts sharply with the contention of Muhammad’s Arab contemporaries that God had associates. Some of these associates are even mentioned in the Qur’an, among them three female deities: al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat. Each had a shrine in separate places not far from Mecca in Arabia, where Muhammad was born and began his mission. They were even considered to be daughters of God!
The Qur’an, as it now reads, obviously rejects these deities. But—and here comes the issue—did the Qur’an and Muhammad always reject them?

While Muhammad was in Mecca, his followers were few, his movement grew painfully slowly and he, too, felt the pain of estrangement from his tribe. According to early and treasured biographical and historical accounts of Muhammad, authored by competent Muslim scholars (such as writings of at-Tabari and Ibn Sa’d), Muhammad longed for better relations and reconciliation with his community. Thereafter, the accounts continue, God revealed Surah 53 to Muhammad up to and including vss. 19, 20. These two verses read:

Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza

And Manat, the third, the other? (53:19,20)

In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=selvaraj]You mean WE is singular. You Muslims, talk about your convinience and also your religion allowed to lie to protect your false religion.

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

We are not allowed to lie! Everything you say is just a claim. You can never back up your claims from a verse from the Quran or a Hadith. SO you said " You Muslims, talk about your convinience and also your religion allowed to lie to protect your false religion" PROVE IT!

[quote=selvaraj]Your God is not alone.
In fact, Islam’s creed in Arabic begins with a negative: Not is there a god except God. It contrasts sharply with the contention of Muhammad’s Arab contemporaries that God had associates. Some of these associates are even mentioned in the Qur’an, among them three female deities: al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat. Each had a shrine in separate places not far from Mecca in Arabia, where Muhammad was born and began his mission. They were even considered to be daughters of God!
The Qur’an, as it now reads, obviously rejects these deities. But—and here comes the issue—did the Qur’an and Muhammad always reject them?

While Muhammad was in Mecca, his followers were few, his movement grew painfully slowly and he, too, felt the pain of estrangement from his tribe. According to early and treasured biographical and historical accounts of Muhammad, authored by competent Muslim scholars (such as writings of at-Tabari and Ibn Sa’d), Muhammad longed for better relations and reconciliation with his community. Thereafter, the accounts continue, God revealed Surah 53 to Muhammad up to and including vss. 19, 20. These two verses read:

Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza

And Manat, the third, the other? (53:19,20)

In Christ,
selvaraj

[/quote]

Lets not get off topic. However I will prove your above claim is false. You took the verses out of context. Look 3 verses after that. Allah refutes them.

53;23
"These are nothing but names which ye have devised,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah has sent down no authority (whatever). They follow nothing but conjecture and what their own souls desire!- Even though there has already come to them Guidance from their Lord! "

Allah is speaking to those who worship them, and tells them did you not think about them? Meaning didn’t you think that they are only idols and can’t harm or benefit. Then He refutes them.

Please don’t copy and paste from anti Islamic sites. :wink:

[quote=Emad]We are not allowed to lie! Everything you say is just a claim. You can never back up your claims from a verse from the Quran or a Hadith. SO you said " You Muslims, talk about your convinience and also your religion allowed to lie to protect your false religion" PROVE IT!
[/quote]

According to Bible, Luke 16:16 John the Baptist was the last prophet, not your Mohammed. So we believe Mohammed and Islam are false.

In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=selvaraj]According to Bible, Luke 16:16 John the Baptist was the last prophet, not your Mohammed. So we believe Mohammed and Islam are false.

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

That is your belief and you are free to believe it. However you try to use the Quran to descredit Islam and so far your not doing a good job.

You know I always wondered if Jesus (pbuh) was God, wouldn’t his speech in the bible be in the first person? Wouldn’t he would flat out tell me I am God worship me?
wa salam

Fatuma,

It’s easy to say things like that because you were not born during the time of Jesus. If you were born then, you would have the greatest, one of the greatest gift that God himself would have given you, to see His Son right before your very eyes and hear him speaking with your very ears. You would have been one of His followers on the road to Calvary weeping and crying.

And what is the point of coming to earth to die and then humanity goes on to wait for Judgment Day?

Jesus said; “No love is greater than this, for a man to lay down his life for His friends.” And all the human race are God’s friends, we are created by him and for him. God offers us salvation because we were dead to our sins. If you want to ask those questions more, go to your room, close the door and pray. Ask God why is that. And then come back to this forums and share your story.

God bless.

Pio

oh… so it’s blind faith. I get it now.

wa salam

oh… so it’s blind faith. I get it now.

wa salam

Fatuma,

Have you ever seen God? Have you ever seen Muhammad?

Know what you meant by blind faith. Judge it for yourself.

Pio

[quote=fatuma]oh… so it’s blind faith. I get it now.

wa salam
[/quote]

Fatuma,
I remember one Bible word. John 20:29 says,
Jesus said to him,“Do you believe because you see me? How happy are those who believe without seeing me!”

In Christ,
selvaraj

I do research and educate myself about the things I believe in. And I make sure that it’s just not something that is simple repeated like your ‘hippie love’ version of God.

wa salam

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.