Fathers of Mercy?

What has anyone heard about the Congregation of the Fathers of Mercy?

I am discerning a vocation to the order, and would like to know more about peoples’ experiences with them; my experiences have all been positive, but those are only “anecdotal evidence” as it were. I am not asking about their orthodoxy as per this posting, but am wondering from another person’s POV what their preaching, daily life, etc. are like.

[quote="NickD, post:1, topic:307408"]
What has anyone heard about the Congregation of the Fathers of Mercy?

I am discerning a vocation to the order, and would like to know more about peoples' experiences with them; my experiences have all been positive, but those are only "anecdotal evidence" as it were. I am not asking about their orthodoxy as per this posting, but am wondering from another person's POV what their preaching, daily life, etc. are like.

[/quote]

Sunday, I had the opportunity to attend a mass which was preached by Fr. Wade Menezes of the Fathers of Mercy. Many of his homilies are on EWTN/YouTube. He is an excellent, dynamic Priest, very faithful to the Magisterium. If only all Priests were as fired up for the faith!

[quote="po18guy, post:2, topic:307408"]
Sunday, I had the opportunity to attend a mass which was preached by Fr. Wade Menezes of the Fathers of Mercy. Many of his homilies are on EWTN/YouTube. He is an excellent, dynamic Priest, very faithful to the Magisterium. If only all Priests were as fired up for the faith!

[/quote]

I couldn't agree more! Fr. Wade is one of my favorites on EWTN! :thumbsup:

A number of years ago, maybe 2001 or 2002, I attended a "Come and See" vocations retreat at their mother house in South Union, KY.

The retreat was about being open to a vocation, any vocation, but they did make time for us to talk with them about their life.

I enjoyed the time and it was very helpful in my discernment.

All those I met, which was most of them at the time as all the students were home and they had on novice at the time, seemed like great guys and their life seemed appealing.

Just not were my discernment ended up taking me.

They are mainly a mission band.

I have met Fr. Wade, I concur that he is a wonderful man and most importantly, he knows why he is a priest! That is the most encouraging thing I've seen from any religious order. I served a private Mass for him when he visited my hometown, and it was otherworldly (for my stretch of the woods, at least)

They are mainly a mission band.

The mission life they lead is one of the things that appeals to me, so that is a plus in my books :D

We've had several priests from the order come to our church for missions. Everyone of them has been wonderful and in my book, I can't say enough good things about them. :thumbsup:

I watch Father Wade Menezes celebrate many of the Masses on EWTN. He preaches some of the best homilies I have heard.

I personally know 8 Fathers of Mercy, and they are amazing !! They are so filled with joy and love for God. :heart:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.