Favorite actors/actresses

So who do you think has real talent in hollywood. Share your favorites.
My favorite actors are:

Christian Bale. The most talented actor out there right now. He canmake the worst movie look good. He has such an intensity about him, you can see it in his eyes. I loved his performance as a child in The Empire of the Sun, you could spot his talent even then. I love most of his movies.

Russel Crowe. This guy cannot make a bad movie. His performance in A beautiful Mind was just amazing, one of the best I’ve ever seen. And it was great to see him and Christian Bale in a movie together.

Gary Oldman. He’s so versatile. He can play a wicked villian, but can be just as great as a good guy. Love him as Commisioner Gordon in Batman and as Serius Black in Harry Potter.

Sean Bean. I’ve loved his work ever sinse seeing him in Patriot Games. He plays the perfect evil charactor.

Daniel Day Lewis. I like how he seems to really get into the charactors he plays. The Last of the Mohicans in one of my all time favorites.

There are actually not that many actresses that I like, but I’ll try to name a few.

Keira Knightly. I thought she did a wonderful job as Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice. She’s quite talented.

Wynona Ryder. I wish she would do more movies, I haven’t seen her ina movie in ages. She’s so talented.

Diane Kruger. She’s very under used, but a really great actress.

Scarlette Johannson. She’s done some very good movies, and seems like a very talented actress.

My faves are: Pacino, De Niro, Brando,Keitel the usuals really.

Cary Grant. Love him.

I can’t STAND her. She is a strong believer in abortion and has said some really asinine things concerning killing babies. Every since I heard what she said I can’t stand the sight of her. I don’t get why people make such a big stink about her.

And I quote…

“We’re supposed to be liberated in America but if our President had his way, we wouldn’t be educated about sex at all,” she said. “Every woman would have six children and we wouldn’t be able to have abortions.”

[/FONT]

Robert Patrick!!!

squidge.org/~xchick/robpat/

He’s a great character actor. I think he’s done his best work so far as the father in Bridge to Terabithia. I also love him in The Unit, which has its season premiere on Tuesday, September 25, at 9:00 p.m. ET.

Great family man, too. I pray for him and wife and children–it’s so hard to build and keep a family in Hollywood.

Emil Jannings, without question. He was old, fat, and ugly, had a mouth like a frog’s – but oh, could he act. He played Mephistopheles in F. W. Murnau’s 1926 Faust (which is also possibly my favorite movie ever), the title character in Tartuffe, and got led around by the nose by Marlene Dietrich in Der Blaue Engel. I need to find Der Letzte Mann, he’s great in that, but I’ve only seen the first little bit untranslated, and my German isn’t very good.

I think Robert Patrick had a guest role on Lost once. He’s a very good actor, but so under used.
Didn’t he play T1000 in the second Terminator?

Clint Eastwood…Meryl Streep

Kathy

I second the Russell Crowe nomination. Master and Commander was my favorite of his, although I’m sure I haven’t seen all of them.
I’m pretty pleased with the characters Will Smith plays, I haven’t found any of his movies offensive at all.
Gregory Peck
Christopher Plummer

Actresses?? Yikes, now that’s a different story. They seem so unreliable in that you think they won’t participate in some thing, yet they do.
Somehow, I do like Julia Roberts, although again, I haven’t seen everything she’s done.
There must be some I like, but darned if I can name them.

Actors:
Robert DeNiro
Al Pacino
Morgan Freeman
Harvey Keitel
Edward Norton
Clive Owen
Mel Gibson
Denzel Washington
Ben Kingsley
Danny Glover
I’m sure there’s more…

Actresses:
Meryl Streep
Jodie Foster
Joan Allen
Reese Witherspoon
Mia Farrow
Kristin Scott Thomas
Juliette Binoche
Cate Blanchett
Judi Dench
Toni Collette
Julianne Moore

Anthony Hopkins
Sean Connery
Denzel Washington
Hugh Grant
Richard Gere

Sandra Bullock
Julia Roberts (sometimes)
Catherine Zeta Jones
Salma Hayek
Jodie Foster

I would say that I think the best actor Tom Cruise. He has done a lot of great films, but his scientology seems to be his downfall. In fact I will never see one of his films again because I don’t want to give money to CO$ as it is called.

Mel Gibson is another great actor, and I hope he can work again.

Of the current crop, none.

God bless,
Ed

How about the past crop?
There are some real quality actors right now. Granted, you have to look close, but they are there.

Dakota, a neighborhood girl who wrote and acted in several skits for Vacation Bible School this past summer.

Do like Harrison Ford

and have to add Gene Hackman, even if its a so so film, he makes it better. But he makes every film strong.

plus that nice young Will Smith, I give a second vote for.

Jodie Foster too.

Yes. He also had a role on The Sopranos, Law and Order SVU, and of course, The X Files.

His big break was T1000. Since then, he has been in over a hundred movies, including Bridge to Terabithia, Walk the Line, Flags of Our Fathers, Spy Kids II, Charlie’s Angels Full Throttle, Striptease, etc. etc.

I personally loved him best in Bridge to Terabithia. To me, his best role is one that allows him to be very tough with a tender heart.

Robert Patrick is the only actor who has been killed (onscreen) by all three owners of Planet Hollywood! (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, and Sly Stallone)

Tom Hanks (That Thing You Do)
Denzel Washington (John Q, Remember the Titans)
Christian Bale (Newsies)

Minnie Driver (Return to Me)
Meg Ryan (You’ve Got Mail)
Reece Witherspoon (Sweet Home Alabama)
Sandra Bullock (While You Were Sleeping)
Julia Roberts (My Best Friend’s Wedding)
Rachel McAdams (The Notebook)
Wyona Rider (Little Women)

I LOVE girly movies, if you can’t tell. :smiley:

How fortunate that her mother didn’t choose abortion when she came along, otherwise, she wouldn’t be yapping like an ignorant !

Actors…Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, Robert DeNiro, Robert Patrick, Leland Orser, William H. Macy, Samuel L. Jackson

Actresses…Kathy Bates, Sally Field…um…err…sadly there’s not too many actresses that make me rent movies solely because they are in it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.