Old Brown Shoe

Don’t Let Me Down

I’m So Tired

Yer Blues

:slight_smile:

Penny Lane and Eleanor Rigby.

I also kind of like Love Me Do. :blush:

~ Pius :knight1:

I like Eleanor Rigby best. I associate it with the video that was on the children’s cartoon when I was just a little girl. It really impacted my life and my attitude towards old, lonely people.

I like Let It Be, too. A great philosophy.

I love the song Yellow Submarine! I wish that they would re-release that movie on DVD and get it all spiffed up and include interviews, commentary, etc. That would be such a cool Christmas present!

For some reason, I love the song I’m So Happy Just To Dance With You. I grew up in a family that didn’t dance and didn’t believe in dancing. Whenever I heard this song, I imagined myself dancing with a boy. In the last few years, I’ve made a few attempts at taking ballroom dance lessons with my husband, but I’m not at all good at it–I can’t remember the dance steps from one minute to the next–and I really don’t think it’s much fun after all and no matter how careful I am, it hurts my feet and knees. But maybe if I had learned when I was just a little girl, I would feel differently.

Actually, I can’t think of any Beatles song that I don’t like. I like Imagine, which isn’t really a Beatles song, and Live and Let Die, which is a McCartney song, isn’t it?

Anything by Wings.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a lot of what the Beatles did, but the Wings stuff came out during my childhood and I’ve found recently that I have much more of an attachment to that.

As far as actual Beatles music, I’d probably have to go with the entire Sgt. Pepper album first (that was about the only Beatles album I’d listen to with my friends in college), then work my way down from there.

:slight_smile: “Something” was on my list. With regard to “And I love her” you might like the question I posed in this post. (I could remember the guitar part, but not the song. I eventually thought of it though)

Actually, I heard that there is a plan to re-release the movie into theaters. If I remember correctly, Disney was going to take on the project. I haven’t heard of a release date yet. But they’re removing a lot of the old “drug references” and generally making it less trippy than it was. I still have yet to see the original, but I would love it if they released the original theatrical version of the movie on the DVD or something like that.

I honestly don’t think that there are any Beatles’ songs that I don’t like. They were an amazing band, and probably one of the best examples around of synergy. That group wouldn’t have been nearly as successful as it was if even one member hadn’t been a part of it. The four of them worked together to create magic.

Some of my absolute favorites:
Strawberry Fields Forever
A Day In The Life
Eleanor Rigby
I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Paperback Writer
And I Love Her
I Should’ve Known Better
Hey Bulldog
Boys (it’s my favorite song that Ringo sang!)
A Hard Day’s Night
Help!
Something
Let it Be

P.S. I Love You

I’ll Follow The Sun

When the Beatles split they all had some great songs as solo artists too…but I always had a preference for George Harrison’s music!

Picking a favorite Beatles song is like picking your favorite child - I’m not sure it can be done.

Some that are currently on my mind:
Here Comes the Sun
I’m Only Dreaming
Penny Lane
Abbey Road side 2 (it’s kinda like one song! :smiley: )

#1 is probably Within You, Without You
followed by
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (George is my favorite Beatle)
Let It Be
A Day in the Life
Revolution
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Come Together

Won’t ever be another Beatles.

“A Day in the Life” is the greatest song of all time IMO. I also love the early stuff like “I Wan to to Hold Your Hand” and “All My Loving”. “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” is pretty great as well.

All these songs are great! Keep rocking everyone!

Hey Jude
Michelle
Blackbird
Help
I want to hold your hand
And I love her. :slight_smile:

Michelle
And I Love Her
Hey Jude
A day in the life

Has to be:

In My Life
It’s Only Love
Help
Blackbird
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Come Together
Help!

Just to name a few!

Let it be and while my guitar gently weeps and Hey Jude are my favorites but I also like Help, Get Back, I want to hold your hand, Blackbird, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, obladee, and all you need is love.

Unusual choice I know, but I always liked:

Don’t Let Me Down

youtube.com/watch?v=qR-SlkUgCRg

I’ve Just Seen A Face

Words of Love (not theirs, but I love it anyway)

Hide Your Love Away

Piggies

And, because I live in the Pacific Northwest…Rain.

Hmm, I seem to remember a similar thread a while back? Wonder if my answers now are the same as then. By period - here it is:

Early: If I Fell, I Want To Hold Your Hand, And I Love Her

Mid: I’m Looking Through You; I’m Only Sleeping; Rain

Late: While My Guitar Gently Weeps; I Want You/She’s So Heavy; Let It Be

Remember “Wy Don’t We Do It In The Road”?

I recall my Grandmother asking over 40 years ago, “What do they want to do in the road? Go the bathroom or something?”

God rest her soul.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.